cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmanasa
Active Contributor

Add new Card to the "Other" right-click menu?

Greetings -

I'm using 4.62.0 of the Firefox extension (don't know how to tell you what version of LastPass I'm using.) When I right-click to fill a username and password, the Other menu lists a set of credit card, checking account, etc., information. That's all fine.

There doesn't seem to be a way to add a new card to this menu however. And the only way I've been able to delete an item from the Other menu is to delete an item from my vault. Any suggestions on how to add a card to the Other menu?

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RachelO
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Other menu items

Thanks for the additional info. It does seem that there is a limit to 20 items displayed in that "Other" menu, and they are sorted in alphabetical order from the top. I've passed this feedback along to our developers, asking if there could be a way to change the sort order or decide which items are displayed in this "Other" section for consideration to be added in future LastPass updates.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
RachelO
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hello,

You should be able to add "Other" items that are in the right-click menu for LastPass by adding a new item to your LastPass Vault. For example, if you'd like to add a Payment Card you would go to your Vault and click the + icon at the bottom right and then choose Payment Card, and fill in the payment card details. The "Name" field on the left side of this menu when adding a new payment card is the name you will see in the "Other" menu when right clicking in a field on a website, so if you add a Payment Card and add the name "Checking Account B" as the name for the new payment card item when adding it to your Vault you should see a new "Checking Account B" option in the Other menu after saving the item to your Vault.

rmanasa
Active Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply, Rachel. Adding a new payment card does not add that entry to my Other list.

There are cards in the Other list that I haven't used in years. I can delete those from my vault and that will remove them from my Other list, but new payment cards are not added just by adding them to my vault.

There must be some other thing I have to do. Any other ideas?

RachelO
Retired GoTo Contributor

Thanks for the information. In our test accounts we are able to add a new Payment Card item to the Vault and see that new item show in the "Other" view right away after saving the item. Could you try uninstalling the LastPass extension, then reinstalling from here and trying this process again to see if that works? https://lastpass.com/download

rmanasa
Active Contributor

Thanks again for the quick response. I've reinstalled the extension from the link you provided, but no joy.  The Other menu still does not display the new card.

I noticed that there 20 entries in the Other menu.  Is there a maximum number of entries allowed?

rmanasa
Active Contributor

Hi Rachel -

While waiting for your reply, I started deleting old payment cards that are either expired or unused. Each card I deleted added another card from my vault. Sometimes the "card" was nothing more than a duplicate name, which I also deleted.

This seems to happen alphabetically, so the first cards added to the Other menu are cards that begin with "A" that were not already there, then the "B"'s, etc. Luckily, the card I wanted added began with a "C", so I didn't have to delete any of my regularly used cards.

So, I learned something. The Other menu has a limit of 20 entries. In order to add a new card after that, something must be deleted. And if you want to add something like Zzz Sleepwear, well ... you'll have to do a bit of deleting then re-adding of entries already there.

Could you please confirm this 20 card limit on the Other menu? Looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

RachelO
Retired GoTo Contributor

Thanks for the additional info. It does seem that there is a limit to 20 items displayed in that "Other" menu, and they are sorted in alphabetical order from the top. I've passed this feedback along to our developers, asking if there could be a way to change the sort order or decide which items are displayed in this "Other" section for consideration to be added in future LastPass updates.

rmanasa
Active Contributor

Just a tiny tweak to that.  The sort is very specifically alphabetical, and *not* based on the latest addition to the Vault. It will put the highest alphabetical entry on the list that isn't already there. It could be a very old "A" entry that never made the list for some reason. At least that's been my experience today.

Regardless, thanks for your attention to my issue today. I really appreciate it!

LPNev
New Contributor

LastPass has got to address this: Either make the right click "Other" something the user can decide what they want in it OR increase the limit of 20 to indefinite. the best and simplest solution to this should be a "check box" for any item to make it show up in the right click "Other" list. If clicked it's there, if not checked it is not on the list.

One should not have to think about what to label an item to get it to show up in a list limited to 20.  

Furthermore, I went to the trouble of trying to edit my LP entries to get a specific card to show up and after more than an hour I still was not able to get it to show. This is just one of the reasons I'm seriously looking at other options and I'm a premium customer. 

hms54
New Contributor

This needs to be fixed.   For any given financial institution, one may have an item for a Checking Account, Savings Account, and multiple debit or credit cards for family members.    It doesn't take too many relationships with such institutions to exceed the 20-entry limit.     

LPNev made some very good suggestions.   We need to be able to see a longer list, either by scrolling a list with more than 20 entries or by nesting sub-entries under main account entries.   I also agree with his recommendation of a check box on each item to let us include or exclude it on the Other menu.