cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sean702
Active Contributor

All my passports disappeared today.

I've used LP for years and never had something like this.

I had entries for all my family members' passports, with scans as .jpg attachments.

I actually used the entries yesterday to fill out flight information.

Today, they are nowhere to be found in my vault.

If memory serves me, there was a Passports section in the sidebar which is gone as well.

I've also looked through Deleted Items, but they are not there.

Anyone have any idea what could be going on?

Did they make some changes to the platform?

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: All my passports disappeared today.

Hi @sean702 

Something about your post triggered the automatic spam filter, sorry about that. Can you please check in your account that the attachments were not accidentally deleted? https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/restore-deleted-items-and-folders 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
sean702
Active Contributor

Noticed today that all Insurance entries and Social Security entries have also vanished.

sean702
Active Contributor

I've checked my deleted items and they're not there.
I've also logged out and in, destroyed other sessions, refreshed sites, and cleared cahce.
sean702
Active Contributor

Everyone else:
Are LastPass items that you created as "Passport", "Insurance Policy", or "Social Security Number" still in your vault? Did these only disappear for me??

sean702
Active Contributor

@GlennDIf you are there, I'm starting to freak out. Support is not getting back to me.

Basically, I want to know if I've been compromised or if my data is corrupted.

For testing, I just created a new pasport entry, and exported my data to see how it's formatted. I can see that for notes with a "type" (like passports) it puts "NoteType: Passport" in the "Extra" column, along with all info like birthdays and expiration dates.

I also looked through my account history, and I can see under Events on the 6th of July when I updated all my passports (in preparation for travel later this month). But I cannot access them from here.

What could possibly cause all entries with NoteType: Passport, Insurance, and Social Security Number to vanish?

This doesn't seem random.

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

@sean702 I am not seeing anything in your account to indicate an issue with your account, no new sign ins from new IP addresses, no changes that might result in a corrupted Vault.

Were they stored in a folder called Secure Notes? We do see a folder with that name that was deleted and we can restore it to your account from a back up.

sean702
Active Contributor

Good to hear that you don't see anything suspicious.

I had (and still have) several folders called "secure notes." I recently cleaned some of them up. If I had accidentally deleted the folder with my passports, insurance, and ssn numbers in it, I would still see them in my Deleted Items section, right?

If the "secure notes" folder you are referring to is for some reason one that I cannot see in my Deleted Items section, then yes, please restore it for me just in case.

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

It should have been visible in your deleted items. Anyway, we have restored the folder please check your vault again now.

sean702
Active Contributor

No luck. None of the missing items are back. In fact, I don't even see a restored folder.

I refreshed sites, cleared cache, deleted other sessions, logged in and out several times in the last few minutes with no change.