cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
palacekeeper
New Contributor

Any way to view/sort by password last changed date?

I saw earlier responses that it's no longer recommended to regularly change passwords provided that they are complex and randomly generated etc. Honestly, this sounds more like a cop-out to me. I disagree with that interpretation, simply based upon the idea that websites are often compromised many months before the compromise is discovered. Changing passwords periodically helps prevent yet undiscovered compromises from being as productive for the bad guys. 

I'm thinking it wouldn't be that difficult to add a column so that we can sort by password last changed, like we used to be able to do in older versions. Let us decide on how we want to manage our password hygiene and at least give us the ability to sort by password last changed, so that we can make our own educated decision on this.

Will you consider adding this functionality back?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
rccDave
New Contributor

Re: Any way to view/sort by password last changed date?

I have the same question.  Is there a way to find the date a password was last changed?

Listing, sorting and filtering by that date would also be useful.

Tags (1)
DubiousUser
Active Contributor

Given the massive data breach, this feature is absolutely needed!
Lastpass  needs to also disclose when the first user vaults were stolen and when it last occurred - to their best accuracy? 

Why? Because LastPass already has admitted that URLs were not encrypted. Thus all those stolen vaults help the hackers know that high value targets exist in each vault.  "Bank of America" why yes. "Chase Bank" great, IBM.com could leverage the hacker into stealing secrets from IBM...

Given that evil actors already have all the stolen vaults, then can spend their time with clever (or brute force) attacks against the data they have - and they can do this in the dark with as much computing power as they can muster. Imagine a state (Russia, for example), or a bot net army spending all their computing effort attacking the vault passwords.  All it may really take is for one or two recovered passwords to wreak a lot of harm.

palacekeeper
New Contributor

I ended up just using a simple workaround. I created a new folder called "Password Changed January 2023", for example. After I change a password I put it in that folder. That way, at least I can go through the list and put them in the folder as I go along. I can also refer back and know I changed them based on the date in the name of the folder. You could create more folders with additional dates, of course. This works better than sorting by Recent, because every time you use a password it moves to the top of the Recent list - even if you didn't change the password.

Hope this helps!

DubiousUser
Active Contributor

Thank you @palacekeeper  I already use folders to organize my passwords, so I would need to have two folders with the same data, and that doesn't seem possible.  Perhaps what I can do is create new folders. E.g. if I'm using Banking, I can create a new folder called Banking2023-01 to indicate the password was last changed this month.

But honestly, if I have to do that, I might as well set up all my new data in a new password manager and change each password as I move it.

It occurs to me there is another sinister problem with the vault breach... if they manage to crack it, they will also have some of my current credit/debit card information, and photos of my passport, etc.  All things I had hoped to keep together for safe keeping and now regret.