cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nailsnglue
Active Contributor

Autofill / autologin not working Strange Icons in fields

Lastpass worked perfectly for me for many years. Now autofill & auto login does not work. I no longer see the same icons in password and username fields and these have been replaced with the red ...| icon. I can click this  icons and get lastpass to auto fill on some websites but not always.  Some websites I previously auto logged in on no longer work at all. Some website username fields and password previously recognised by lastpass are now not recognised. Some new sites where I register as a new user the username and password are not prompted to be saved by lastpass. Lastpass context menu (ricght click) not showing up in some websites. So there is a long list of faults and it is not exhaustive. LASTPASS IS BROKEN! Here are my repair attempts to no avail.:

• Changing settings of autofill, icon settings ( which only work up in the chrome menu). 
  • Restored lastpass preferences to default settings
  • Clear cookies and cache
  • Log out log back in
  • Tried signing up as a new user and same behaviour.
  • Tried another computer with my account and initially it was displaying the original successful behaviour but now is displaying the new strange behaviour.
  • Uninstall chrome, reinstall chrome.
  • Tried signing out of google profile and this did fix context menu not working but still see the same icons and same autofill/autologin not working. 
  • Two drinks of scotch

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Example of new icons in login field.

nailsnglue_0-1660855371500.png

Current settings:

nailsnglue_1-1660856084227.pngnailsnglue_2-1660856104878.png

13 REPLIES 13
JustAUserInTX
New Contributor

Re: Autofill / autologin not working Strange Icons in fields

I have also been using LastPass for years and began experiencing issues today that render it unusable. I don't know if my browser or LastPass finally updated, but it looks different so I know something has changed. 

- I have to log in constantly

- It is displaying the red ...| icon as stated 

- When I click on it, only one login is displayed

- I have to open a new tab, log in to LastPass again, and then log in to the website to get more login options to display. 

- Constantly asking to save information on screens that don't have logins 

I just need it to pop up the list of logins like it used to. 😕 

PeterLee
New Contributor

I have a similar issue. Some sites I used to be able to log on to without issues now don't work. Others that I had some issues with before, now do work. Some pop up screens from the extension look different too. Odd.

denis_
LastPass Contributor

Hi,

We are rolling out a new version of the save & fill experience which explains the new icon, and new behavior. Addresses and credit cards can now be saved and filled.

We are sorry to see that you experience somme issues with the new roll out. Would you be able to provide us with the URLs of the pages where have troubles so that the team can investigate and resolve the issues?

nailsnglue
Active Contributor

https://www2.commsec.com.au/secure/login

https://www.61financial.com.au/en-au/sign/login?from=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.61financial.com.au%2Fen-au%2F...

Do you think we should start a thread where everyone can post URL's not working with the new verison?

PeterLee
New Contributor

Funny thing is, when trying to reply to this question Lastpass got stuck on the login page of LogMeIn. I see the Lastpass icon in the field for the user name but I have to manually fill it. After that, it picked up the password automatically.
I first started noticing something different when Lastpass would not log in to my Duke Energy utility account; this account worked fine for many years. The link is:
https://p-auth.duke-energy.com/my-account/sign-in?rc=370027019

PeterLee
New Contributor

jhmosow
New Contributor

I am also having a problem with the autofill icon.  It is only showing up about 50% of the time.  I notice it mostly when trying to log in to GMail or other Google sites.  I am using Chrome.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Chrome extension but that did not help.   Below are a couple of screen captures.  The first one shows the icon.  The second one, which was taken a couple of minutes after, does not show.

Icon ShowsIcon ShowsIcon does not showIcon does not show

denis_
LastPass Contributor

Hi @jhmosow,

Looks like you are not using the new Save & Fill experience. You could try if that help:

1. Click LastPass extension button > Open My Vault
  2. Click Advanced Options > Enable Use improved save and fill

Let me know if that helps.

jhmosow
New Contributor

Thanks.  That helped.  But it does seem slightly slower than the old version.