cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
storytravelers
New Contributor

Autofill with different language?

Dear community, Is there a way Lastpass can read entry fields 'name' address"  for auto fill in a different language? I know about the option setting a different language, but that pertains only to the user input " Johnson" not the name of the entry field: "name"

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
djdienummeat
New Contributor

Why is the different laguage autofill?

Hi everyone,

Is there a way Lastpass can read entry fields 'name' address" for auto fill in a different language? I know about the option setting a different language, but that pertains only to the user input " Eugene" not the name of the entry field: "name" Thank you!

maverick747
Contributor

Re: Why is the different laguage autofill?

Andrea-F
Active Contributor

Re: Why is the different laguage autofill?

Sorry, but I can not find any answer in the link shown in the previous reply.

Can we have a full and comprehensible answer for the staff of LastPass?

Thanks

Tags (1)
Andrea-F
Active Contributor

Re: Autofill different language

After such a long time, an answer from the staff of LastPass would be really appreciated.

Tags (1)
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

You can edit any non-password item in your Vault and use the Autofill Language drop-down menu to select your desired language, although this may be the setting you've already found. If you are referring to the Name field when editing/adding an item to your Vault, this is the name of the entry that you will see when viewing your Vault items. You should be able to use any name you'd like, as this will only change the item's name in your Vault.

ref: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/manage-your-form-fills-lp040002

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Andrea-F
Active Contributor

If I change the setting Autofill Language that I find under advance setting in the Add address window, I can not see any difference.

Also the Autofill seems to recognize just the website in English (which use First Name, Address, etc.) but not the one in other language, for instance if the website is in  Italian it does not recognise Nome, Indirizzo, etc, even if I set the Autofill Language to Italian.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

So that I can ask for more details from our team in regards to this topic, have you change your preferred Language for LastPass as well to see if this changes how Autofill recognizes fields? https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-change-my-default-language-lp010071

Andrea-F
Active Contributor

If I change the language in Lastpass, what I can see as a change is what I see when I edit or create an address. At this point all the labels are in Italian (I can see Titolo, Nome, Cognome, instead of. Also the options offered to be selected in Title change, instead of  Mr, Mrs, Ms, Dr I can choose among Sig, Sig.ra, Dott)

But this is not the point. The point is what the ... (or when in Italian Lingua di compilazione automatica) do.  I hope I have not to change each time the global setting of LastPass to have to fill a form in Italian.

One of the problem is that do not remember to have find a site in Italian where autofill worked.

What are the requirement of the web page for this to work?
Also the page https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-configure-my-website-to-work-with-lastpass refers just to username and password, but not to other fields. And what about in other languages(*)? And for a web page to work does it need to have all the elements shown there exactly the same?  Are both name and id required to be as shown?

(*) can I use nome utente, instead of username? can I use Città instead of City?

Thank you

Andrea

Tags (1)
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello Again,

We would recommend, for sites that don't have standard labels or LastPass doesn't detect and autofill them to use the Save All Entered Data option which should pick up any fields that you've filled in and save those to your Vault as an item. Here's how to do that:

•  Make sure you are logged in to your LastPass browser extension. Go to the website whose login you need to force-save.
  • On the page, fill in your credentials (username, email address, password, etc) but do not press login.
  • Click the LastPass browser icon, then go to Add item > Save All Entered Data at the bottom of the menu.
    Tip: For Internet Explorer users, click the active LastPass icon, then go to Tools > Save All Entered Data.
  • All captured fields are displayed. If desired, enter more information and specify your desired settings for the item. Click Save when finished
  • Once saved, when you return to the login page LastPass should fill the data for you. You can also “force-fill” the login from the LastPass notification bar, or from the LastPass icon by selecting the site name at the bottom of the menu and then clicking “autofill”.