cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hannzonhubby
New Contributor

Re: Problem resetting master password

Hi I have problem logging in on my last pass. I am running in circle resetting but no good. How can I change password or access my account?

kam1
New Contributor

I reset my master password yesterday and I still cannot login. The hint I get is the one associated with my previous master password. I changed my master password twice but not luck. the recovery does not work.

thx

JimRP
Active Contributor

Hi. Have you submitted a support ticket? When I had a similar problem, they helped me solve it. Also, for some reason LP doesn't promote it, but you can make an encrypted backup so if you ever need to reset your account, you'll have access to all your vault items. Good luck!!  Jim

kam1
New Contributor

I am not able to submit a report ticket. It says I have to look in the community forum. I am not a paying user of lastpass.  

kam1
New Contributor

Your solution si not working. I reset my master password and then when I try to relog it does not work. It keeps giving me the old hint meaning the master password is not getting updated after I do a  recovery.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @kam1,

I reviewed your account and see that your master password has not changed in the past 30 days, I also see that your recent login attempts are failing due to an incorrect username or master password being entered. You will need to double check how you are entering the Master Password, remember it is case sensitive, must include at least one upper and one lower case letter, number and symbol. If you need to reset your master password, please try all of the possible recovery options here: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/recover-your-lost-master-password-lp020010

Please be aware that LastPass Customer Care has no knowledge of a user's Master Password and it is not possible for LastPass Customer Care to reset or change a user's Master Password or assist a user with changing/resetting their master password.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
kam1
New Contributor

Hi Rachel,

when I do the account recovery I am prompted to a vault where I am asked to changed my master password. I do that. However after I change the master password  I am not able to login. The master password is not getting changed through the recovery process.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @kam1,

I do also see that the master password change is not being "registered" or finished as well. We've done a refresh on your account, could you try the recovery process again to see if you can then change the password and log in to LastPass?

kam1
New Contributor

Hi Rachel,

I have the same issue as before when I change the master password after recovery it is not getting over written. I don't remember my previous masterpassword.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @kam1,

What method of account recovery are you using where this happens? Does this happen after you've restarted your device/computer as well, or when trying recovery on a different browser/device?