cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lazy_atom
Active Contributor

Re: Review your login info and try again.

A week and a half later, after 3 different LogMeIn support emails  (Hi Lourdes, Anders and Brenda) asking "I am following up with you regarding our last interaction to ensure I’ve addressed the issues relating to your open support case." and my responses explaining that no, you HAVE NOT addressed my issue, AT ALL, I still am unable to change my account email address.

I am at a loss to understand what is so hard to get about my issue.

When I try and change the email address from within the Account Settings of the LastPass site, I receive a verification email. But it has absolutely no button or link in it to action the change (or verify the address).

What am I missing? Or, more importantly, what is missing from the LogMeIn email verification system that allows the user to trigger the verification? Clicking on the two email links in your email simply opens up my email app to send an email to me.

And I have explained this to your 'support team' a few times and each one doesn't read the previous communications and each one thinks they have solved the problem when they see I can login to my account now.

Please, please, please solve this because none of this inspires any confidence in LogMeIn at all. I have been a subscriber for a dozen years now and it kills me to see such a shonky service to what is ostensibly a high-risk and highly important aspect of my everyday online life.

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 1.12.53 pm.pngScreen-Shot-2021-08-05-at-10.11.44-am.jpg

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @lazy_atom 

The test email in your first screenshot is just that, a test. It sends you an email so you can check that it can be received before you take the next step of changing the email on the account.  These are the steps to actually change the email address:

To change the account email:

• Vault > Account Settings > Advanced
  • Enter you new valid email address in Account Email
  • Click UPDATE at the bottom of the page
  • Enter your Master Password to confirm
  • Check your new email account for an email from LastPass and copy the code from it
  • Go back to your Vault screen and paste in the code and confirm
  • Enter your Master Password and confirm
  • Your vault will now be re-encrypted again, how long it takes depends on how big it is
  • You will be signed out and need to sign back in with your new email and password
  • You will also be prompted to verify the new email address at some point by clicking on a link emailed to the new account email

If you do not receive the email containing the code needed to complete the process, you will need to check that it is not being filtered out by mistake. It is sent from do-not-reply-support@lastpass.com , if you use something like Hotmail or Proton mail try adding that email address to your Safe/Trusted Senders list.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
lazy_atom
Active Contributor

Hi Glen.

Thank you for the response. When I follow your instructions, and the instructions found online that I have been following, I do exactly this:

• Vault > Account Settings > Advanced
  • Enter you new valid email address in Account Email
  • Click UPDATE at the bottom of the page

And then nothing happens. there is no follow-up email with any code or anything. The test email works. But when I click on the UPDATE button, I get the SEND VERIFICATION EMAIL modal, and then the SUCCESS modal.

I check my emails. I scour my spam folders. And wait. And wait.

But.

Nothing.

Happens.

None of the following steps are presented to me:

• Enter your Master Password to confirm
  • Check your new email account for an email from LastPass and copy the code from it
  • Go back to your Vault screen and paste in the code and confirm
  • Enter your Master Password and confirm
  • Your vault will now be re-encrypted again, how long it takes depends on how big it is
  • You will be signed out and need to sign back in with your new email and password
  • You will also be prompted to verify the new email address at some point by clicking on a link emailed to the new account email

This is beyond tedious. I appreciate you getting stuck in and trying to help, and I am sure you are super confident in the system, but it's not doing what it is supposed to be doing.

Screen-Shot-2021-08-10-at-10.55.51-am.jpgScreen-Shot-2021-08-10-at-10.54.59-am.jpg

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

The email comes from the same email address do-not-reply-support@lastpass.com and it has the subject line: LastPass Security Notification: Verify your LastPass email address 

Edit: After checking our email servers I was able to confirm the verification emails were sent and delivered successfully to your email, but I did not see any sent with the subject: Verify your LastPass email address

I've tested it again multiple times on one of my own accounts and the email showed up right away in my Gmail, I feel like something is interfering with it when you try. Are you able to try a different web browser? 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
lazy_atom
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn,

As my earlier screenshots show I have been able to receive a verification email (from do-not-reply-support@lastpass.com), but, as I state, there is nothing to click within the email nor is there a verification code included.

I have checked with the Gmail account directly online and it is the same story. See attached screenshots. I have been receiving emails from that LastPass address since 2013. I started this process back in December 2020 when I realised that I no longer had access to my eircom.net email account, and I remember now that I assumed there was a delay in getting the verification email and would promptly forget about the process.

Being nearly locked out a fortnight ago made me realise how important it is to have an updated (and accessible) email address but this is just INSANE.

As you can see, I can receive the so-called 'verification email', but you state that this is only a test email to see if the verification address is correct. I receive that email immediately.

When I click UPDATE and click the SEND VERIFICATION EMAIL I get the SUCCESS modal and then nothing...

This leads me to suspect your email is sending it to my old eircom.net account. Which I cannot access.

I cannot be any clearer on what the issue is.

All I need is you, or one of your team to change the master email account from diarmaidcollins@eircom.net  to diarmaidcollins@gmail.com.

Screen-Shot-2021-08-11-at-11.02.21-am.jpgScreen-Shot-2021-08-11-at-11.02.08-am.jpg

lazy_atom
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn,

I did not see your edit till now. Just tried in Safari. Still no joy. Exact same scenario. Not even going to spell it out for you.

I have to admire the way you keep insisting the issue is at the user-end. This is a single thread of 60 pages with people having similar issues with LastPass. It doesn't take a galaxy brain to figure out there might be some gremlins lurking in the LogMeIn infrastructure, rather than suggest everyone complaining here are simply mistyping or mis-remembering their LastPass details.

I have provided screenshots, and step-by-step walkthroughs to you and your email support team and it's exasperating. I have explained, and repeatedly explained the issue and I am tired of trying to hold back my seething resentment of this utterly absurd and Kafka-esque rigmarole.

It really shouldn't be this hard. I asked 3 weeks ago to have someone change my email address and yet here we are...

DigitalDave
Active Contributor

I feel you!   After being locked out of my LastPass for over a week, with no resolution and lots of jumping through hoops to no avail,  I gave up.   Fortunately, I was able to access my local cache of over 500 passwords and notes and export it in .csv format.  I was up and running on a different product that day, having imported all that I exported from LastPass.

You may be able to access your local cache if you totally disconnect your computer from Internet access and then launch LastPass from the browser.   Mine advised that I had no network connection and asked if I'd like to work with my local cache.   I responded yes, and all my stuff came up.  I then exported it all and my problems with LastPass are solved.

HelpaFriend
Active Contributor

I have been advocating this possible offline solution repeatedly in earlier pages of this 59 page thread...I agree with your thoughts...well done.

And I recommend all those with problems to read through earlier posts here...recommendations may have already been proffered.

Good luck to all in this frustrating process.

lazy_atom
Active Contributor

Thanks for the response folks. I was able to access the offline version two weeks ago (after seeing the earlier threads) and did export a (partial) CSV file and was able to work from that till I was magically granted access to LastPass by a support tech.

My current issue, and one that has been ongoing since late 2020 is that, even though I can access LastPass and my vault, I am unable to change the initial email address to a new one. Plain and simple.

I have done absolutely everything possible from my end.

Glenn seems to think that somehow something on my end is causing the LastPass infrastructure to fail to send the vital email that provides the code/link to confirm/trigger the email address change.

I'll have to take a look at the alternatives because something has gone awry with LogMeIn.

HelpaFriend
Active Contributor

Ok, just brainstorming here...

But have you tried (1.) opening a second free account with Lastpass, using the proper email and as much of the old ID information as possible while doing so...(2nd) enter and access the new account, possibly try sending an email confirmation...then back out of the new free account and try to access the old account once again..?

It sounds a bit questionable but I would likely try anything...

And you're right. This is not 60 pages of people with user errors.