cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Check your inbox to verify it's you. No email from LastPass? Review your login info and try again.

Hi,

Update 7/9/21:

We have updated the messaging displayed when a Login verification email is sent or the Master Password was mistyped:

For your security:
1. Check your inbox to verify it's you.
2. No email from LastPass? Review your login info and try again.

If you are trying to log in to LastPass and see this error message this means that either:

• You've entered the incorrect username or master password (and no verification email was sent)
    or
  • You entered the correct master password and now need to verify this login attempt via an email message sent to your LastPass Account email or security email, if you have one set for your LastPass account.

There are a number of reasons why your IP or device might not be recognized even if you have used it before, especially if you are signing in directly through the browser and not a LastPass extension or App.  So before you try account recovery or anything else, please check your email (if you set up a security email you will need to check that).

(edited 5/20/21)

We are always working to ensure top security for our users. To combat recent unusual activity targeting our customers, we added an additional security system to further detect and flag suspicious bot activity and verify a LastPass user’s identity. Following feedback from our users, we have since resolved the login issues reported. As always, delivering a secure, reliable service for our users remains our top priority.

Currently, verification by email is the only option for this particular situation. 

• If you happen to change IP addresses often try to use our Apps (browser extension or desktop), instead of signing in through the browser. Once verified they are more likely to be recognized by our system which will reduce how often you need to verify your identity. 
  • You can set up a Security Email on your account separate from your main email address. Verification emails etc will be sent to it instead which can make it easier to receive them. If you do this you need to make sure the Security email remains valid and one that you can access.
  • You can disable the email verification for your account in Account Settings > Advanced Settings.  You should only do this after you have enabled Multifactor Authentication on your account and linked it to a App like LastPass Authenticator.

We may add another authentication option besides email in the future.

Please Note: If you do not have access to your email account and there is no way to recover access to your email account through your email provider, you will need to open a support ticket, and please make sure to include an alternate email address that you can be reached at (create one if necessary).

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
630 REPLIES 630
Bradm1
Active Contributor

@RachelO  - you can ignore my above message. I have now seen that despite lastpass indicating that it is sending the email to my o**************@gmail.com address it is actually sending the email to my recovery address.

I think this is a bug in LastPass, unless it's supposed to be security by obscurity....

Thanks

Brad

RachelO
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @Bradm1,

This would not be a bug, as this is the intended behavior if you have a security email set for your account, as this is where all account notification emails such as verification emails will be sent. Once you've logged in to your LastPass account you can change/remove your security email if you'd prefer: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/add-an-email-address-for-security-alerts-lp030007 

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
coa
Active Contributor

sorry to reply to your post this way, but could you please be so kind as to tell me how i can post a new question?

ie, how did you post this question?

I have searched all over the help, FAQ, etc with no success!

thanks for any help!

Bradm1
Active Contributor

Hey @coa 

Go here: https://community.logmein.com/t5/LastPass-Support-Discussions/bd-p/Support_Discussions and click the 'Start a topic' button.

coa
Active Contributor

awesome, thank you! :

pintree3
New Contributor

I am certain, after having chatted with someone at LastPass that I checked what ever it is that asks for a verification email-hence not wanting to receive such. This, if understood correctly would have prevented such problems. IN my case it is because I am in China and a VPN must be used "being" in various countries all the time. And yet this is exactly what I got last week and this week--the warning can't log in msg.. Thinking, that maybe just maybe, I had undone this, I verified all email accounts' inboxes and spams and no email from lastpass were received. The only reasons I was able to enter my emails is because early this year I set up Bitwarden due to this problem (and as a backup to it). Hence why am I getting this warning stopping me from logging in? Since no emails can be received (based on my settings) this paolces me in a catch-22 situation, does it not? If it were not for Bitwarden I would have been screwed real bad. I mean how on earth can someone remember a password like "09%$#@^&85gdi%67KFWd@$%^21" which is what my passwords look like (according to lastpass advice and the advice of all security-concerned advisors.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @pintree3,

From reviewing your account I see failed sign ins, meaning the Master Password did not match, no verification emails were sent. Verification emails are only sent when the credentials are correct but the device or IP address is unrecognized, which does not appear to be the case here.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
pintree3
New Contributor

Thank you GennD. I'll take your word for it. It kind of strikes me off that I would miss what has come to be an automatic thing and to do it on 2 different occasions so close to each other, but you must be right: I must be getting old. 🙂 Thanks again.

Former Member
Not applicable

Hello, I am not getting the verification email.  I got a new phone and am having trouble getting logged in.  I have seen multiple threads of others with the problem and it looked like you were able to help.  Any help would be amazing as I have tried to regain access to my account multiple times over the last couple weeks.

Thank you!

Former Member
Not applicable

You can disregard my message above. I have figured it out and have gained access.  Turns out I was entering the wrong password so it wasnt generating the email.