cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DigitalDave
Active Contributor

Re: Check your inbox to verify it's you. No email from LastPass? Review your login info and try aga

Well that's good and bad all at the same time.   I'm glad to hear you got what you needed.   - Dave

DigitalDave
Active Contributor

Re: Check your inbox to verify it's you. No email from LastPass? Review your login info and try aga

FYI Glenn, if you have any input for Customer Support Level one,  they need some tutoring.  See the response to me today below.    Do you think that your average home LastPass User understands that the IP address being requested, is the public IP assigned to their Routers?    I don't think so.  Most are going to get help looking up their IP address on their local PC and the fun will continue.   Tier One support should be giving the advice you give to use the whatsmyip tool to find their public address.   Anyway, take care.

DigitalDave_0-1626839064729.png

encsuperstition
Active Contributor

wrote:
“I believe we are looking at adding more ways to verify your identity, possibly using the mobile apps”

More ways to identify identity are welcome!
But let me say LastPass/LogMeIn should have thought of that before making other changes, not after lots of users are being locked out.

Besides, LastPass should remind users they set a secondary email, oftentimes they set it years ago, and ask them a confirmation if that address is still valid or they want to change it. Please ask every six months or so, at login time.
encsuperstition
Active Contributor

I must say LastPass Support was helpful in my case. But I agree they should give more detailed instructions, like @DigitalDave said, how to find your public IP address.

Also, I am a bit worried about the fact email support is going to end for LastPass free users. What if I am locked out and I can’t write to Support?
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Unable To Login To My Lastpass Account

@Sedona3520  We have not changed the password requirements, however it may be fruitful to test a new password on the problem computer to see if it has any effect.  You can always change it back later if you like. 

AndyE1
Active Contributor

@GlennD 

Your support team granted me access early this AM, after I satisfactorily answered the security questions.  Now that I have access to my vault, I have tried to add a security email.  I have also tried to export my vault to a .csv file.  Apparently I can't do either of those things without access to my long-dead account email address.  While all of this has been going on, I was able to access my vault in offline mode by disabling the network card on my laptop.  Once in, I spent hours copying out each of my logins individually.  I then spent hours last night pasting all of my logins into the vault I created with one of LastPass' competitors.  

After this experience, and now that I have my LastPass vault back, I am going delete my vault and move to a competitor.  I have been with LastPass for at least 8 years.  The events of the last week are a clear signal to me that it's time to move on.

AndyE1
Active Contributor

@GlennD 

Next problem - I can't even delete my vault.  Wow!

When I select Delete or Reset Vault, I get a prompt asking if I remember my master password, which I do, so I answer Yes.  The next window that pops up has a red banner across the top but no text, only an X in the corner.  It's clear that the process failed.  I have attempted to delete using two different browsers.

What do I have to do to successfully delete my vault and my account???

DigitalDave
Active Contributor

Hey Andy,
I wouldn't worry about your Vault.  These products are called "Zero Knowledge" products meaning that nobody has access to the data your vault (not even LastPass) because it is encrypted like crazy everywhere by your Master Password.   And since you can't access it even after help from LastPass support, nobody else can either.  It's a pile of meaningless ones and zeros that nobody is ever going to crack.  And I'm guessing that if you close your account, LastPass deletes their cached copy of it.

I wish you happier computing and a great weekend.   =;0 )     - Dave

AndyE1
Active Contributor

Hey Dave,
Am I able to close my account without opening another ticket? I didn't see that option in account settings.
I too wish you happier computing ahead and a great weekend. -Andy
markmedici
Active Contributor

@DigitalDavewrote:

> I wouldn't worry about your Vault. These products are called "Zero Knowledge"

> products meaning that nobody has access to the data your vault (not even

> LastPass) because it is encrypted like crazy everywhere by your Master

> Password. And since you can't access it even after help from LastPass support,

> nobody else can either. It's a pile of meaningless ones and zeros that nobody is

> ever going to crack.

Not necessarily true.  It depends on the quality of your password and whether or not LastPass experiences a breach. 

But if you regained access to your LastPass account, you should be able to change your login email so you can delete your vault.