cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMHoughton
New Contributor

Family Member can't log in: Errors when trying to perform an Account Recovery

Okay so first.... the e-mail support has been completely unhelpful. They replied to my issue with steps to solve an issue I wasn't having. I created another ticket and it was immediately closed.

Now that that is out of the way..... 

I have a family member who is unable to log into their LastPass account. We did not create a hint for her password, so that doesn't help. When we try to perform an account recovery we get a series of errors pop ups.

I have tried performing the account recovery on two different computers... both come up with the following errors:

Can anyone help out here? momlastpass3.JPGmomlastpass4.JPG

Anyone have any suggestions on how she can get back into her account so she can recover all of her passwords?

3 REPLIES 3
JMHoughton
New Contributor

Re: Family Member can't log in: Errors when trying to perform an Account Recovery

Can anyone help out here?

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Family Member can't log in: Errors when trying to perform an Account Recovery

Hi @JMHoughton 

That message means that no recovery one-time passwords are available either on that device or for the account in general, so you cannot use that form or account recovery. The token used for that recovery method is saved in the browser cache when the customer signs into their LastPass account successfully through the browser extension. If no other recovery methods were set up, the only way to access the account is to correctly enter the current master password. 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

@JMHoughton I located your ticket with your family member's email address and reviewed the account. It looks like they were able to sign in successfully until a week or so ago. If they think they know what the master password is, it may be just the case sensitivity that is tripping them up. Account lock outs only last about 5 minutes, so you can always try again. Typing out the password in a test editor so you can see it is a good way to spot letters you might normally capitalize or replace with a number when you are making up a password. 

12 or more characters, upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols are the requirements.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!