cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GenericVun
New Contributor

Fingerprint reader not working.

I've read some threads on solving this here but unable to resolve.

My fingerprint reader is setup with LastPass/Chrome but it has NEVER worked unlike some other threads. I just never see a pop up that allows me to use the reader for either the master password or 2FA.

The reader works fine to unlock my PC.  

Info below, would appreciate any help before I open a ticket.

PC and related

Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1709, OS 16299.2166
Chrome
Kensington VeriMark USB K67977WW

Multi factor settings-fingerprint is enrolled

1.JPG

Advanced options (Account Options/Extension Preferences/Advanced)

3.JPG

Device manager

4.JPG

Other

From another thread....but doesn't work for me. "My temporary workaround is to single-right-click the LastPass icon extension in Chrome (...), and then single-left-click "LastPass". With this method you do get prompted for a fingerprint."

8 REPLIES 8
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Fingerprint reader not working.

Hello,

Apologies as I'm not sure what troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Could you try these steps and let me know if the problem persists?

• Uninstall the LastPass extension(s) once again
  • Restart your computer
  • Download and install the LastPass Universal Windows Installer here: https://lastpass.com/misc_download2.php
  • Once installed, restart your computer.
    Open your web browser and ensure the LastPass binary component is enabled by logging into the Browser extension then ​​​click the active LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar > Go to Account Options or click your account email at the bottom of this menu > About LastPass > In the Binary Component section, one of the following will be listed: True = installedFalse = not installed but if desired, click Enable Native Messaging to install it.
  • Restart your Browser 

Next, Disable Fingerprint:

1. In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon, then select Open My Vault.
  2. Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
  3. Select the Multifactor Options tab.
  4. Click the Edit icon for Fingerprint / Smart Card.
  5. For the "Enabled" option, select No from the drop-down menu.
  6. When finished, click Update.
  7. When prompted, enter your Master Password, then click OK.

Log out from your LastPass extension and log back in.

Enable Finger print once again. 

1. In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon, then select Open My Vault.
  2. Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
  3. Select the Multifactor Options tab.
  4. Click the Edit icon for Fingerprint / Smart Card.
  5. For the "Type" section, one of the following will be displayed:
    • Browser extension is missing binary component, click here to install if you have not installed the binary component.
    • No supported devices were found if you have installed the binary component but are on a device that does not have a fingerprint sensor.
    • Proceed with the next steps if you have installed the binary component and are using a supported device.
  6. For the "Enabled" option, select Yes from the drop-down menu.
  7. Follow the prompts to finish setting up Fingerprint Authentication.
  8. When finished, click Update.
  9. When prompted, enter your Master Password, then click OK.
  10. Click Update when finished.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Mando1
New Contributor

Hello.

I seem to have the same kind of issue. I followed all of the steps that you included. I had also Google Authenticator enabled.  When I then tried to choose fingerprint from the drop-down list at the bottom, I got the following error message:

Fingerprint option.PNG

Just to make sure, I then tried to choose the Google Authenticator as the default option.

Google Authenticator.PNG

I also tried the same setup on Edge, but got the same error message while trying to choose fingerprint option.

GenericVun
New Contributor

I'm discussing a ticket with IT now and will respond back with how the issue was resolved.

Mando1
New Contributor

Hi GenericVun.

Have you received any updates from the support regarding the fingerprint reader issue?

With kind regards,

Mando1

FrankieWoodside
New Contributor

Was this ever resolved? Can we get an answer on this?

I'm using Firefox. Windows 10 (version 21H1 os build 19043.1237) . USB Benss fingerprint reader. UA002. I have a Premium account.

I did all the steps you mentioned. When I enable the fingerprint reader and go to the Security Dashboard and do a refresh it displays that Multifactor Authentication is "Inactive". If I enable ONLY the Google Authenticator (meaning I disable the fingerprint reader) and do a refresh the dashboard reads "Active".  I also unchecked my PC as a "trusted device". I don't get a prompt for the fingerprint reader after logging out and then logging back in. Also, there is no Device Manager conflict. This must get resolved or I'm moving on from LastPass.

Thanks for your help.

FrankieWoodside
New Contributor

I got the same thing. Did you ever get a response on this?

Thanks.

Mando1
New Contributor

If you meant me, I never got a response from GenericVun regarding his ticket.

FrankieWoodside
New Contributor

Ok, thank you.