cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DannySkarka
Active Contributor

Getting the 2FA QR code

I am attempting to activate the LP Authenticator. I have downloaded the app, and it is looking for a QR code. In instructions ay after the download, I will get an email with a link to this code. An email never arrives (spam checked).  I have 2FA and LP A enabled in Multipfactor Options,  Suggestions?

Also, I already use Authy for other services. Does Last Pass 2FA work with Authy?

Thanks

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Getting the 2FA QR code

Hi @DannySkarka, welcome to the community.

You can use Authy by following the setup steps for Google Authenticator and then scanning the QR code with Authy.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
DannySkarka
Active Contributor

Thank you, I was hoping, and assumed,  that was the case. But the first step is still lacking ... getting the QR code.  How is that accomplished? The video explains that I would be emailed a link following the app download (which makes me wonder how that happens, considering an app download does not trigger emails). Enabling 2FA in Multifactor Options also does not trigger an email with a link. 

So I'm still stuck at "step 2". 

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

I'm not sure which video you watched, but when you set up LastPass Authenticator you should:

1. Sign into your LastPass account and open Account Settings
  2. Select Multifactor Options
  3. Click on the pencil icon for LastPass Authenticator
  4. Change Enabled to Yes and click Update
  5. Enter your Master Password
  6. Click on Enroll
  7. You should see this on the next screen, if you have the app installed already click Next and then scan the QR code on the screen
  8. GlennD_2-1637362930983.png

For the Google Authenticator set up you just enable it in the MFA section of your account and in the window it displays you click on View to see the Barcode, then scan it with your App. 

GlennD_0-1637362047037.png

DannySkarka
Active Contributor

Step 7 does not happen. All previous steps work as instructed. My previous attempt to start 2FA experienced the same issue. 

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

It's possible that you phone is being seen as already enrolled (mine was), at Step 7 there was an option on the page to set up a new device and clicking on that led me to the QR code.