cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JumpToTheMoon
New Contributor

I cannot get in to LastPass

I have my account configured for 2FA.  It seems my LastPass Authenticator app updated on my phone over the weekend because the graphics look a bit different.  When I open the app, the options are to 'add account' or 'restore from backup.'  When I attempt to login to LastPass on my laptop, the 2FA triggers but clicking 'approve' on my phone does nothing, presumably because my Authenticator account is no longer correctly configured.  However, when I attempt an alternative method at logging into LastPass, such as a texted code to my phone or phone call, my phone does not receive a text or call.  I have e-mailed LastPass support and have yet to hear a response. Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
hounddog
Active Contributor

Re: I cannot get in to LastPass

Exactly the same thing as happened to me. 

I've had a ticket open and a post here in the community since Saturday.. had one response to remove MFA using instructions that just did not apply. I of course responded quickly to tell them it didn't apply but no further response from the "24x7 support".  

I did also tweet at the lastpass and lastpass_help twitter IDs and I did finally hear back from them when US business hours started on Monday (1 AM Monday night for me). I spent a few hours (elapsed time) working with someone but ended up back at the same point as the Saturday email. 

They have referred the problem to L2 and now I'm waiting for L2 response. 

JumpToTheMoon
New Contributor

Any update HoundDog? I still do not have access.  Most support I have received (some of it literally copy/pasted from support messages sent earlier from others) has assumed that I can still log in to clear a cache or change a setting.  No one seems to understand that I cannot log in.... I am beyond frustrated, having been without access for almost a week.

hounddog
Active Contributor

So I did get a response from L2 yesterday -- so 6 days after placing the call. They are going to temporarily remove my 2FA but in order to do this, they understandably needed to ask me a bunch of questions to validate that it actually was me requesting. I answered their questions within an hour, and now 24 later am waiting for them to action it. Hopefully I'm not waiting another 6 days!