cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SLPOnline
New Contributor

Just started: We couldn't contact the server. Check your internet connection and try again.

I've been a LP user for a long time and when the red browser warning in Chrome started a few days ago, I searched and found a lot of people have this issue. I followed the instructions to clear cookies, log out, close the browser and it doesn't help. Neither does rebooting. (Our company uses managed services and our Windows updates are all current.) This is a Chrome-specific problem (for me). Is there a REAL solution that is long term? It's annoying as all get-out and it's making me consider changing password managers. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Just started: We couldn't contact the server. Check your internet connection and try again.

Hi @SLPOnline,

Could you try uninstalling the LastPass extension then reinstalling to see if it fixes this issue? https://lastpass.com/download/ 

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Just started: We couldn't contact the server. Check your internet connection and try again.

Hi @SLPOnline,

Could you try uninstalling the LastPass extension then reinstalling to see if it fixes this issue? https://lastpass.com/download/ 

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

SLPOnline
New Contributor

That seems to work (thank you!). But how do we get the LP icon into the extension list (Chrome/top right) where all the other extension icons are? I thought it was automatic and it's checked in the settings. (in Show notifications via browser toolbar icon). It's just not there even after closing Chrome and rebooting.

SLPOnline
New Contributor

Got it. I "assumed" the extension would auto-place the icon in the extensions area. Google was my friend and all is well. This seems to have fixed the issue (at least for 12 hours!). Thanks!