cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fljohn
New Contributor

LastPass stopped working on my iMac after update.

After updating LastPass latest version on my iMac using Safari 12.1.2  I cannot log in. I've requested support, but have gotten no response from them. 

12 REPLIES 12
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: LastPass stopped working on my iMac after update.

Hello,

Apologies as I'm not sure what you've tried so far in terms of troubleshooting. Could you try uninstalling the LastPass Mac app by quitting and dragging the app from your Applications folder to the Trash, restarting your computer, then reinstalling from here to see if you can then use the Safari extension? https://lastpass.com/download/

For specific steps showing how to reinstall and enable the LastPass mac app and Safari extension correctly please see here: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-install-the-safari-app-extension-on-my-mac-lp0...

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
fljohn
New Contributor

I’ve tried this a few times, and just tried it again with same results. When I try to log in after inputting my master password the three red dots just keep going up and down.
fljohn
New Contributor

So when I tried to log into the downloaded app with safari extension it won’t let me, but if I open up the password manager from the App Store I can log in, but I won’t have the extension. Does this make any sense?
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @fljohn,

The LastPass app that is downloaded from the App store is not updated and does not come with the Safari extension, to get the Safari extension you would want to uninstall the version from the App store and make sure the LastPass mac app that was downloaded from the LastPass website (https://lastpass.com/download/) is the one you are installing.

After enabling the Safari extension in Safari, what do you see when trying to log in/use the LastPass extension?

fljohn
New Contributor

The LastPass log in page. I put my email address in and my master password, and same as before the three red dots just keep bouncing up and down.  That’s it. I have to quit Safari for it to stop trying to open. 

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks for giving that a try. We've done a refresh on your account, could you try logging out/quitting the LastPass mac app and logging back in to see if you can log in and view your account correctly?

fljohn
New Contributor

Tried this, but no go. Same thing as before.

This is a slow, and difficult way of handling support. I'm able to use LastPass on my phone and ipad as well as this laptop, but what If I only had one device? What if there was a major issue and I needed support right now? Since I have these other devices and can log on with them, it's more of an aggravation, but I still can't understand why there's not real time support as there was when I first signed up with LastPass. 

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello again,

I've asked our technical team to investigate further and they've done some updates to your account, could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the LastPass mac app once more to see if this issue is now fixed?

fljohn
New Contributor

I uninstalled LastPass, restarted my computer, and reinstalled LastPass. Tried to log in, and same issue still exist.