cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaneAU
New Contributor

Lastpass Teams - Renewal

Hi there,

We have been using lastpass teams with about 6 - 8 licenses for 4 years some time without issue. Then today we get a note when logging in that the account has expired.

In the 'Your account status' it shows

- Teams Status 

--> Teams Administrator

--> Expired on Oct 5

-Premium Status

--> Inactive

Today our subscription expired and now whenever we try to renew it comes up with the message after clicking 'Purchase' next to Teams Status.

-- Message --

"You cannot purchase this product with your account"

"We're sorry, the product you are attempting to purchase is not compatible with your Lasstpass account. Plase logout and user a different account, or contact support for help".

We have contacted support but I am at a loss why we can't just renew like normal?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RachelO
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Lastpass Teams - Renewal

Hi @DaneAU and @lps2110,

All billing/payment related issues will need to be resolved by the support team, I see that the support team responded to both of your tickets, if you have any other issues please be sure to reply to the email sent to you from the team so that they can investigate further and get this fixed.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lps2110
New Contributor

We are having the same problem with a Families account. Something is clearly broken with the renewal process. I have opened a ticket, #16112304.

The subscription expired today, could not be autorenewed because the credit card on file was no longer valid, and now cannot be renewed. I continually get this message when I attempt to fix the problem:

"You cannot purchase this product with your account
We're sorry, the product you are attempting to purchase is not compatible with your LastPass account. Please logout and use a different account, or contact support for help."

I have family members who are locked out because their only MFA option is Yubikey, which is a premium feature, which at the moment is not paid for. This is a serious disruption.

RachelO

Hi @DaneAU and @lps2110,

All billing/payment related issues will need to be resolved by the support team, I see that the support team responded to both of your tickets, if you have any other issues please be sure to reply to the email sent to you from the team so that they can investigate further and get this fixed.

View solution in original post

lps2110
New Contributor

Thank you very much for chiming in, and for monitoring the (seemingly many) similar issues in this forum.

This was resolved by support. They generated an 'equote' which allowed me to complete the transaction, which restored service.

There's obviously some serious workflow breakage in the billing and renewal process.  The account was degraded to free at midnight on the expiration date. My first notice of the billing problem was 3 hours later, followed at 7am by notice from a user that she was unable to use her vault at all due to reliance on a premium feature (Yubikey for MFA). 

Even worse is the inconsistency of the account state, which is probably why I could not fix the problem myself.  Most family members' accounts showed the family subscription as expired; however, the owner's account (mine) showed it as still active. I presume that is why I was not able to renew it manually.

Since credit cards get disabled and replaced all the time for various reasons, this is surely a common situation.

At a minimum, I would like to see a few days' grace period after an expiration, to allow time to resolve billing issues before a service degradation (or in this case, complete lockout) results. Even better, please fix the backend inconsistencies which prevent users from resolving simple problems on their own!

Again, thank you for monitoring this and for the info and assistance that you provide.

DaneAU
New Contributor

Thanks Rachel,

Appreciate it being updated and obviously there is some bug in your system.

Also, as a word it is not easy to find a way to contact support in these types of instances. I get that self service is the way organisations would like to go; however surely for paying customers (given the investment in teams) an option to message from within the login for account / billing inquiries would be a good option given it is also a sales channel? Might make things easier for your users.

Appreciate the support and hope others find this useful.

Kind regards,
RachelO

Hi @DaneAU,

If you are a LastPass Business user you can contact the support team any time from within your admin console, you can access the support number through your LastPass Admin Console > Support. You can also use the LastPass support site to contact the support team, following the steps outlined in this support article.