cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Goodp5
New Contributor

Lost master password, how to reset master password?

Hi , I just can’t get into my account as I have lost my password and nothing , I say absolutely nothing, helps to get me in and I have tried everything. Can anybody help me as I can’t get in touch with LP and I am so lost.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Can’t get in to my account in anyway

Hi @Goodp5,

If you still cannot recover your Master Password using any of the options above, unfortunately the very last and only option available is to Reset Your Account and start over with collecting data (e.g., sites, secure notes, form fill items, creating identities, etc.). This will permanently delete all of your stored encrypted data within your LastPass account, but your account status and some settings will remain untouched.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @Goodp5,

Please be aware that LastPass Customer Care has no knowledge of a user's Master Password and it is not possible for LastPass Customer Care to reset or change a user's Master Password or assist a user with changing/resetting their master password.

If you've forgotten your master password, please try all of the possible recovery options which are detailed here: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/recover-your-lost-master-password-lp020010

Goodp5
New Contributor

Hi Rachel, I tried your suggestion before I emailed you but nothing. Basically something has gone wrong . I have no email that works or password . I have been using this app for years and now at finished …I just don’t understand??? And , as I am getting no real help from last pass I will just leave it and get another secure pass app from someone else..
Goodp5
New Contributor

I have told you now 3 times, I have tried all the recovery options available.. nothing works . All I want is to be able to have some access and for some reason I can’t get it from you or myself. So your app , once you loose your log in details, is not workable anymore. I will make sure I will write this on more platforms and inform people of it. I just need simple help to access my account. It’s easy . Other companies do it and you people helped me before when I had a problem… forget it . Unfortunately I have to say your useless and of no help once a customer gets a serious issue. I will go elsewhere.
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @Goodp5,

If you still cannot recover your Master Password using any of the options above, unfortunately the very last and only option available is to Reset Your Account and start over with collecting data (e.g., sites, secure notes, form fill items, creating identities, etc.). This will permanently delete all of your stored encrypted data within your LastPass account, but your account status and some settings will remain untouched.

View solution in original post