cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warc1
New Contributor

New Lastpass GUI

I'm trying to use the new version of Lastpass on a Win10 PC on Chrome. It is now impossible for me to use Lastpass at Amazon.ca. I am set up with LastPass MFA with Amazon but I cannot type the One Time Password because LastPass keeps overwriting it. Please address.

7 REPLIES 7
andrew735
LastPass Contributor

Hi @warc1 ! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Did you by any chance save your MFA secret to the amazon.ca record in your vault? If you did, then LastPass is automatically filling in the correct TOTP code generated from the secret saved on the record you are trying to fill. Have you tried submitting the code that is being filled?

warc1
New Contributor

I don't know if I "Did you by any chance save your MFA secret to the amazon.ca record in your vault?" cause I don't know how to do that. I only access LastPass MFA on the IOS app which does it open my vault. I only open up my vault on Win Chrome and the vault record for Amazon.ca does store any LastPass MFA field. Regardless, LastPass is filling the TOTP code for the Amazon.ca page but it always fails message “The One Time Password (OTP) you entered is not valid. Please try again.”

warc1
New Contributor

To elaborate, I have tried to submit the code that is being filled by LastPass. When this happens, it shows that code is different than code that LastPass MFA lists. That is when it fails.
andrew735
LastPass Contributor

Would you mind checking one more thing? If you edit this particular amazon.ca record in your vault and click the "Wrench" button in the lower left hand corner do you see any fields other than your username and password? If so, try deleting those and see if that fixes this issue.

warc1
New Contributor

These are the only fields.

lastpass.png

andrew735
LastPass Contributor

Did you try the wrench button on the left side of the footer next to the trash button? You'll see a different view showing the field metadata stored for that website. My guess is that a TOTP field was saved for the record in the past. If that is the case, deleting it should resolve the issue here.

warc1
New Contributor

There is no field metadata for amazon.ca beyond email and password.

lastpass1.jpg