cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frida
New Contributor

No Add to Lastpass prompts

I'm trying to set up my vault as a new user. The instruction video says Add to Lastpass or Add to Vault prompts appear automatically but they're not coming up. What do I have to do to get them to appear?

Atm the only way I can add a site to the vault is manually filling in the box with the URL etc.

I'm on a mac

7 REPLIES 7
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: No Add to Lastpass prompts

Hi @Frida,

You'll want to first be sure you have the LastPass browser extension installed for your browser: https://lastpass.com/download/

After the browser extension is installed, please be sure to check the Notifications section of your LastPass Extension Preferences to make sure the "Show save site notification bar" option is enabled as well.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Frida
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply @RachelO .  However I already have the browser extension installed and all the notifications are already turned on in the Extension preferences. 

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @Frida,

Thanks for the additional information. If the settings are set correctly, could you try uninstalling the LastPass extension then reinstalling from here: https://lastpass.com/download/ and checking the Extension Preferences again? Does this happen on all sites that you log in to? Are you able to add a site manually by clicking the LastPass extension icon and adding following the steps outlined in this support article

Frida
New Contributor

THanks @RachelO 

When I go to uninstall the Lastpass extension, it tells me the extension is part of the app so to uninstall the extension I have to remove the app - would this mean I'd lose everything I have put in the vault and have to start again?

Yes the lack of notification does happen with all sites .

I am able to add a site manually as per the instructions you provided but when I do, in the 'security of passwords' section, under the username and password columns, it just says N/A  and doesn't tell me how secure the password is, even though I am able to launch the site and log in from the vault. 

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @Frida,

If you are using a Mac (with Safari) then yes, the browser extension is part of the LastPass mac app and you would need to uninstall the LastPass mac app following the steps below. Please be sure that you know your username and master password before doing this as you will need to sign back in to your LastPass account after the reinstall.

Uninstall the LastPass mac app by quitting and dragging the app from your Applications folder to the Trash and emptying the Trash, restarting your computer, then reinstalling from her:? https://lastpass.com/download/

For specific steps showing how to reinstall the LastPass mac app correctly please see here: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-use-the-lastpass-safari-app-extension-on-my-ma...

Your Vault data will not be lost as the data is not stored on your device itself, it is encrypted and saved to the cloud so when you log in to your LastPass account after reinstalling the app.

Frida
New Contributor

Hi @RachelO 

I've done all that you suggested but the situation remains the same. 

It seems that when I change a password on a website, I do get the notification prompt asking if I want to update the password in the vault, but that is the only notification I get - and the updated password still appears as N/A in the security section re user name and password strength 

Thanks

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @Frida,

Is the password added/updated in your Vault as well? If the password/strength isn't updating in the Security Dashboard could you try these steps to see if it forces the Security Dashboard to update?

• Click the LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar.
  • Go to Account Options or click your email at the bottom of this menu > Advanced > Refresh Sites then Clear Local Cache.
  • Log out and log back in to your LastPass account.