cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atk511
Active Contributor

Problems with family plan renewal

When i logged into last pass on my phone yesterday,I got a message that i could only use LP on one device - which I knew was the free plan and I was on an automatic renewal family plan.  When I went into my web account, it says that I had both a premium and family subscription that expired the day before (April 23) but it was on automatic renewal and obviously didn't.  I upgraded the credit card thinking it might have been an old one but there has been no automatic charge and the system will not let me manually renew.  The automatic renewal is on Premium and what I want is to keep the Family plan.  I can't contact support because I've now been downgraded to the option where I can't contact.  Can someone give me ideas about how to get my renewal going again?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Problems with family plan renewal

Hi,

If you have a billing issue you can always open a billing case through the support site. After you submit your name and email address select Submit Billing Case on the next screen.

billing case.png

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GCustom
New Contributor

Same thing here this afternoon, there was something off early this morning when I went to bed but I didn't check it then

atk511
Active Contributor

Good luck checking!  There is no way to get a person to help you with this since they say you're on the free plan!  We started this to help my 96 year old mother with her passwords and this is causing big issues with the family members who use these plans and don't understand why I haven't  renewed!  Which I thought I had!

GCustom
New Contributor

seeing all the other people put in limbo I just clicked the premium button that came with the warning it would trash the family account but not their data, then it put me on a prumium trial so I then upgraded to family there which put me on a family trial and then I clicked the update button at the bottom of the vault to pay for the family plan and re-invited my wife
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

If you have a billing issue you can always open a billing case through the support site. After you submit your name and email address select Submit Billing Case on the next screen.

billing case.png

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
GCustom
New Contributor

it is simply unacceptable that premium support doesn't persist the account for a short while, say a week or a month just for billing issues, that is why there are so many people on here complaining
atk511
Active Contributor

I was able to contact billing but this took 4 days to fix and this issue (not automatically renewing when it is set up to do so, the 'renew' button not working, etc) is all over this forum.  I hope LastPass can fix this before we move to 1Password next year.  But at least I was able to get this fixed for now and thank you

Ann Knox

TravisHi
Active Contributor

The Solution listed was not actually a solution.

The actual solution is to log in as the family manager, turn off Auto-Renewal.  Log out.  Log back in to lastpass.com.  Go to your account settings.  Click the "Purchase" button for the Family plan.  It will ask you for your personal information and credit card.  That will purchase the plan and set you up for auto-renewal again.  I sleuthed a phone number from goto.com support and did get to talk to a person in billing who walked me through that process.   What a pain in the butt to try to find this simple information.  Support was useless in dealing with this problem.  Why did it take me 36 hours to give them money?  It shouldn't be that hard!

Here's what I did:

At the bottom of the e-mail from support, it said I could try to reach them at www.logmein.com.  I went there, and it took me to goto.com.  There was a Contact Us link that said "Sales: Available from 2:00am to 7:00pm (U.S. EST), Monday through Friday. 1-866-890-8931." 

I called that number and they tried to pass me to the Billing department.  It hung up on me.  I called back and tried that again.  After a long hold with music, they answered (10 minutes later): Vilma answered and transferred me to LastPass billing.  She wouldn't give me the direct number to get to LastPass Billing.
Michele answered - She had me log out.  She turned off my Auto-Renewal.  She had me log back in.  As the family manager, I could get to my account settings and "Purchase" Families plan again ($48+3.xx taxes) by typing in my personal information and credit card.  It set up the auto-renewal again.