Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikelagenour
New Contributor

Protecting a password using a JIT password

Hello,

I'm a "first time caller".

So i have a need to to secure a password to a website where I don't want others to be able to view the password but be able to use it.  I was wondering if there is a way to secure it using like a OTP or a JIT (Just in Time) password along with the ability to audit who has successfully accessed the password along with any failures. Is this functionality available?

Best,

Michael

4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Protecting a password using a JIT password

Hi @mikelagenour  welcome to the community! 

With LastPass you can share a site with others and hide the password so they cannot see it, but once it is entered into the site it possible for someone savvy enough to see it or for another password manager on their computer to save it. For that reason we recommend generating a secure password specific to that site. Additionally, if the site you are sharing supports it, you could enable two factor authentication and require the person you shared the site with ask you for the code when signing in. That way you know when they are accessing the site and have control.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
mikelagenour
New Contributor

Glen,

Thanks for the quick response. 

So we do use a secure generated password and I will change the password to "unviewable".  We use MFA via a different product. I was also wondering if there are audit trails or ones that can be set on the passwords we deem highly sensitive?

TIA,

ML

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @mikelagenour,

LastPass offers admins the ability to view audits and generate reports from the new Admin Console: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/does-lastpass-offer-audit-and-reporting

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
banana1
Active Contributor

thanks, it is really helpfull