cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrea-F
Active Contributor

Questions about sharing process for Family subscription

I am finding the process of sharing in a Family Plan rather difficult.

The documentation is difficult to understand and it look like it was not written form Family Plan member. The screenshot are different.

At the end I understood that there are two completely different way to share something.

If you use the share action you are not putting the item (or a copy of it) into the shared folder, but you are using a different system, which I supposed is based on email (and I have not yet understood how it works)

What I see on the screen when I go to the sharing Center is, at least, confusing.

It is not at all easy, at first sight, to get the meaning of the wording "Shared with Others" and "Shared with me"

If you press Manage, there is not to much you can actually manage...

If you want to move an item to a shared folder there is not (or I have not yet found it) a tool to do that. Are you suppose to just edit the item and to manually change the folder to a shared one? There is no hint to which folder are shared (but for the fact they starts with shared- in the name), and there is no way to have two separate list.

Rather confusing: if you create a directory ABC in the Sharing Center,  and you look in any other part of the vault you will not find it named ABC, but Shared-ABC.

There is no way to know, while looking an item, to know if is shared or not (but you are restricted to do some actions if they are)

And much more important, even if I have shared an item, I do not find it in the list of what I have shared, and the other member can not find it in the Shared with me.

What shall the other user do to see the sharer item?

6 REPLIES 6
Andrea-F
Active Contributor

Re: Sharing process for Family Plan not easy and documentation cumbersome

I have not yet found a solution about sharing.

Now my family member can see in the app, under Sharing Center, the folder I shared. But she can not do anything with that. If she press on the folder, an error message says that she has no administrator access.

In the vault she can see nothing.

Also accessing the vault via browser from a mobile phone is impossible. There is no way to get off the message that ask to install the extension. The screen is very cluttered, there are more then one things in the same place, you can no read or select anything. Most of the screen is used by the left sidebar. Changing between mobile version and desktop version of the web page does not solve the problem. And the screen used is no tiny nor small...

Sorry for the rant, but I am utterly disappointed.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello @Andrea-F,

Here is a support article which goes in to more detail about how to use/manage/set up Shared Folders: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/what-are-shared-folders

Additionally, here's an article with a step by step guide on how to create a shared folder, with links at the bottom to other topics such as how to move items to a shared folder: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-create-a-shared-folder

We would also recommend accessing LastPass via the LastPass app on mobile devices, instead of through the browser, as this offers the best way to view/manage/use LastPass on your mobile device. 

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
alexsunny123
New Contributor

thanks my issue has been fixed.

Andrea-F
Active Contributor

I (and my family) access also via the app, but there are a lot of things (settings and many other things) that you can not do from the app.

I had read the two help page you linked. I had read before starting the process of sharing. This is the problem....

At the end something started to make sense and to work, but it was difficult to learn the ropes.

For instance there is mention that there are actually two completely different way of sharing (and that the two can not coexist): a) Using the sharing action or b) create a shared folder and move the items into that folder

A folder was created with an incorrect name (it has a \null at the end, a things that often I spot at the end of the notes or at the end of the note fields). And this created some troubles.

The items you are sharing via a shared folder are not shown under sharing center, and this is somehow confusing... (there is a section that show what you have shared, but that instead continued to be empty...)

The page you quoted contains options permission that are not available to me (note, Hide passwords)

Andrea-F
Active Contributor

I can not still figure a way to make the sharing system working properly.

Among other issues:

I have 3 items in a shared folder, but only one of the 3 can be seen from another account.

Nothing appears in the "Sharing Center" - "Shared with Others"

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

When viewing the shared folder, are you able to see the 3 items that were added to the Shared Folder? If you can't and/or the other family member cannot see the 3 items in the Shared Folder, could both you and your other Family member who doesn't see the other items try these steps to see if it fixes this issue?

• Click the LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar.
  • Go to Account Options or click your email at the bottom of this menu > Advanced > Refresh Sites then Clear Local Cache.
  • Log out and log back in to their LastPass account.

If this doesn't fix the issue, please reach out to the support team who can help to make sure all of the items that are added in to a shared folder are seen by all other family members and that this isn't a technical issue. To do this, scroll down and click Contact Support at the bottom center of this page: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/what-are-shared-folders

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!