Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

For more information about the LastPass security incident please visit our blog

Dclark357
New Contributor

Recovery keeps failing

I have only ever used lastpass on my Chrome browser.  I have spent the last 3 months in the hospital with heart issues and now when I try to log in, it refuses my master password, will not let me recover b/c it says that the extension is not installed, and I can't access any of my stored passwords.  From what I've been reading is that people are unable to use their accounts anymore at all... EVER!  I have loads and loads of passwords that I cannot access now and don't know what do to.  How do I recover my account please?

Sincerely,

David Clark

3 REPLIES 3
Yuriy_13
New Contributor

Re: Recovery keeps failing

We have also been experiencing this issue.  Mastere password no longer works and when resetting using account recover we get message about extension is not installed. 

Yuriy_13
New Contributor

who can help?
Rebecca_S
LastPass Contributor

Hi @Yuriy_13 and @Dclark357 - thank you for sharing this information and sorry for any frustration. 

A few tips:

• Please remember the master password is 12 or more characters long and has at least one upper- and lower-case letter, number, and symbol.
  • It is also case sensitive so you may want to type it out in a text editor to check exactly how it is being entered. 

If you need to recover your account, you'll need to use one of our account recovery methods. If you have previously logged into LastPass on a browser, you may be able to utilize our one-time password recovery method. Please find the instructions here: 

https://support.lastpass.com/help/how-do-i-reset-my-master-password-using-a-recovery-one-time-passwo...

However, if you have cleared your cache or history since your last successful login, this process would also have cleared your one-time password, so you will be unable to recover your account with this option. Please review our full list of account recovery routes for additional options: https://support.lastpass.com/help/recover-your-lost-master-password-lp020010

I hope these help!