cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhacht
Active Contributor

Replaced phone and computer, locked out of LastPass free account

I'm a free user of LastPass, and I recently ended up replacing both my computer and my cell phone at the same time. I had two-factor authentication enabled, so now that I'm trying to log into LastPass on my new computer, it's asking me to use the authenticator on a phone I no longer have. I'm not seeing any other options for authentication to get me into my account. What are my options here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Locked out of LastPass free account

Okay great, I wanted to make sure we could contact you if manual verification is required. If you were using LastPass Authenticator can you please try these steps? If you were using Google Authenticator can you please try these steps?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @dhacht 

Do you have access to your email still? 

dhacht
Active Contributor

I do, but sending a code or something to my email isn't being presented as an option to me.

Enosified
New Contributor

Lost phone with LastPass authenticator

Hello,

I lost my phone recently and I am unable to access my LastPass authenticator or my phone number.

Is it possible for me to disable two factor authentication so I can setup it with my new phone ?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Okay great, I wanted to make sure we could contact you if manual verification is required. If you were using LastPass Authenticator can you please try these steps? If you were using Google Authenticator can you please try these steps?

dhacht
Active Contributor

Oh, that's great - that might work. Thank you very much. I'm hoping to get a new phone this weekend, so I'll give this a try as soon as I have it. Thanks again!

Enosified
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for sending the guide. Unfortunately, at step 3, I get "User does not exist. Contact your administrator."

I have double-checked that I am using the right email.

What could I do?

Tags (1)
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Enosified 

I have created a support ticket for you and they will be in contact via email.

Marik
Active Contributor

Please Help Me LastPass Admins

Hello dear Lastpass team. I lost my access password for authy, the 2FA app I use to login to Lastpass. I emailed the Authy admins to fix the issue, but got a negative response. They asked me to contact the providers and tell them to disable the current 2FA on my account. I can send the proof of the mentioned emails to the lastpass administrators. And the mail linked to my LastPass account is working now. I'm just asking Lastpass administrators to disable the 2-step verification installed on my account because dozens of my accounts are registered on lastpass. Since I don't know where to contact, I'm opening a topic here and I ask you to disable the 2 FAs in my account.

Email removed for privacy - GlennD

Tags (2)
rkim
New Contributor

I'm having this exact same issue of this circular logic where I can't access my LastPass because my former mobile number no longer exists and I can't use the LastPass Authenticator because it's also linked to my former mobile number. I tried this step and it also says username doesn't exist. Would you have any tips on this? Thank you so much!!