cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nate74
Active Contributor

Shared folder is missing from my Families account

On Wednesday, I noticed that my Amazon password was missing from LastPass. I looked more closely and realized that the shared folder that I created years ago and that my wife and I have shared for years has suddenly disappeared from my LastPass Vault. I quickly checked my wife's vault - it was still there. I placed my phone in Airplane mode in the hopes that the Shared Folder wouldn't disappear from the LastPass app. I went back to my wife's vault and tried to reshare the folder with myself. She didn't have admin rights to the folder (which was odd as she is an Admin on our Family Plan), then the folder disappeared from her Vault also. 

Thankfully I had put my phone in Airplane mode and we were able to manually type many of the 250 shared passwords into a Word doc. 

I created a support contact on Wednesday, but there has been no acknowledgement of the issue.

Why did this folder disappear? Can I get it back? Can I trust LassPass with my passwords or should I move on to another password manager?

7 REPLIES 7
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: My most important shared folder has been deleted!

Hi @Nate74 

Sorry for any frustration. That sounds like a sync issue in the phone app that can usually be cleared up by clearing the app cache and refreshing your vault. If you sign into your account through a web browser directly is the folder still there?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Nate74
Active Contributor

@GlennD,

The issue is actually the other way. The folder disappeared from my online LastPass Vault, then my wife's online LastPass Vault. The only thing that saved us was that I put my phone in Airplane mode so the LastPass app on my phone wouldn't sync with the online Vault. We were able to recover many passwords from my phone. But, after turning off airplane mode on my phone, the Shared folder in question is missing from:

1. My online LastPass Vault
  2. My wife's online LastPass Vault
  3. My phone app
  4. My wife's phone app
  5. My browser extensions
  6. My wife's browser extensions

I did not delete the shared folder. I have confirmed with my wife that she did not delete the shared folder. All other folders appear to be intact. No other shared folders were affected. 

The shared folder that has gone missing was created and shared years ago before LastPass offered a Family Plan. Could that fact, plus the recent pricing changes, have caused 250 of our passwords located in one shared folder to be deleted?

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @Nate74,

The recent changes to LastPass Free accounts shouldn't have affected your shared folders, if you are on a paid LastPass plan there would have been no changes to your account. We would recommend first checking the Deleted Items repository where you can see if the folder may have been accidentally deleted and can restore the folder. If the folder isn't showing there, please reach out to our support team for further investigation. To do this, please scroll down and click Contact Support at the bottom center of this page to create a ticket:  https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/use-the-sharing-center-lp020007

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Nate74
Active Contributor

@RachelO ,

Thank you for your advice. I have already checked the deleted items repository. The missing folder is not there. 

I created case number 15457070 on 06/02/2021 at 10:53 AM. Six days have passed, and I have not received a response either by email or in the support system. That is why I created this thread here in the community help section. Is there something else that you would recommend that I do?

Thank you again for your help!

Nate

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @Nate74,

I've escalated your support ticket and the team can investigate and will get back to you with an update or if they need any additional information as soon as possible via email. 

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Nate74
Active Contributor

Thank you @RachelO! I very much appreciate your help...
Nate
BlueAdept
Active Contributor

I think this has to do with the fact that the shared folder is not shown on mobile, only on desktop. Owning the shared folder I cannot see that folder on my phone, however my wife (person I shared my folder with) can see it on her phone .....