cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Antonio3535
Active Contributor

Unable to revert old master password in Lastpass.

I changed my lastpass master password around 2 weeks ago, but it seems I forgot it, I'm now trying to revert my LastPass master password change I get "sorry, but that link has expired. You may need to generate a new email lastpass". I tried on 2 different computers and browsers that I used with Lastpass with the same result.

Why am I getting this message if less than 2 hours have elapsed?

I would greatly appreciate your help.

5 REPLIES 5
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Unable to revert old master password in Lastpass.

Hello,

So that we can investigate and so that you don't post any private account information publicly, could you send me a private message with your LastPass account email address? To send me a private message, please click my username to view my profile, then click the blue "Send a Message" button in the upper right.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
SHB
New Contributor

Hi I lost my masterpass and i tried several ways to recover so support team told me to revert to old pass and i got a link and i did as i had my old pass fortunately but it does not work again. i dont know what to do as all my passwords are there and i am not able to work or connect to my team. even to my all emails and ..... would help me to solve it quickly please. 

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @SHB 

I have reviewed your account and it shows that the Master Password was last changed 2 months ago. It also shows multiple failed sign in attempts, which means you are not entering the current master password correctly. Your account appears to have a recovery one-time password generated, so unless you have wiped your browser cache you should be able to attempt account recovery from your main computer that has the LastPass browser extension installed. 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
SHB
New Contributor

hi Glen thanks for prompt reply

the problem is still remaining as i put several ticket before for support team. i dont receive sms in recovery stage. 

please give me the next step. 

thanks again

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

@SHB Please click on my profile picture and private message me your telephone number that the SMS message should be coming to.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!