cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsolomon
Active Contributor

When entering United States Phone number, ext field shrunk and is unreadable

My company just purchased LastPass and am slowly moving the countless customer contacts into our Shared Vault.  Very annoying that when I go to enter in a phone number for an customer address, if I don't choose a Country (i.e. United States), I cannot enter in an Area Code but can enter in a phone extension.  However when I choose the United States as the Country, allowing me to enter in an area code, the extension field shrinks and I am unable to type in an extension number.  This forces me to enter in the extension in the Notes field.  See the photos below.  The first one is what it looks like with no country selected.  The second one is what it looks like when I select United States as the country.

No Country.jpgWith United States Selected.jpg

Then to add to my frustration to my frustration, when I submitted this as a support ticket, while the response was prompt, I was told that my "product idea" would be forwarded to development and that the support ticket would be closed.  Really????  I don't consider this a product idea, but rather a bug.  Since it doesn't look like I am getting any support from LastPass, I thought I would post this here. 

I typically use Firefox as my browser.  Has anyone else had this issue and did changing browsers or setting within browsers make a difference?  TIA

4 REPLIES 4
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: When entering United States Phone number, extension is disabled

Hi @dsolomon,

Sorry for any confusion. What's happening is that when selecting a US phone number (or any country with the same phone number format as the US, ###-###-####) the ext field next to the phone number field is being shrunk and is too small to see what is being typed in that field. I've let our team know about this issue to see if it can be resolved as well. In the meantime, as a workaround you could skip adding a Country Code from the dropdown menu when entering a phone number, then type in the entire phone number in the field where you can type (not the greyed out field) and youll still be able to enter/see the ext field as well.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
dsolomon
Active Contributor

Thanks for responding Rachel, but I just tried a test entry and when you type anything into that field, and you DON"T select a county, nothing saves.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks for giving that a try. So that our team can gather some more specific details, could you submit a bug report following the steps here for this issue? https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-report-a-bug-to-lastpass

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
dsolomon
Active Contributor

Rachel,

I already took the steps outlined and submitted this to Tech Support. They responded that they would "send my product idea to development". The case number is:

LastPass Case: 15434307 - Technical Support