cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
Contributor

Credentials in One2Many

This hasn't ever been an issue before, but we've always prefered to use the computer code rather than the user's credentials simply because we prefer NOT to know the user's login and password and not to need it. Using One2Many however requires credentials from an Admin user on the local machine. Is there any way, or any plans to develop a way, to use the computer code to authorize us to deploy software or will we always have to use user credentials?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Credentials in One2Many

You still should be able to do this - the computer code is actually the password for a local user that is created behind the scenes - I believe its LogMeInRemoteUser, but you'd need to verify that. Regardless, you can use that as your username and the computer code as the password and it should work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Active Contributor

You still should be able to do this - the computer code is actually the password for a local user that is created behind the scenes - I believe its LogMeInRemoteUser, but you'd need to verify that. Regardless, you can use that as your username and the computer code as the password and it should work.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor

I think I read that somewhere before now that you mention it. That's a great help! Thanks. I'll try it!