cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

One2Many command to run Notepad.exe

I am trying to start notepad (or any .exe) on a windows machine using a "Remote Command" One2Many task. Using notepad.exe as the "command to execute" line of the task.  When the task runs it starts notepad as a process within task manager but does not load notepad to the desktop nor does it show it as a running application.  I have also tried to execute the application via the start command in a batch file using the "Run a batch file or executable" with the same results.  Executing the batch file locally on the machine, from the command line, starts notepad without a problem.   Any one have any ideas what I am doing wrong?  Thanks in advance for the help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: One2Many command to run Notepad.exe

Hello Mark 7167,

Thanks for the question. Unfortunately, it is not possible to run commands so that they show up on the remote computer at this time. The One2Many "Remote Command" task only works on "Silent" commands (i.e. those that don't require user interaction). If you do need to open a program on the remote computer so that it is visible to the remote user, I would suggest controlling the computer temporarily to open the program.

I will go ahead an post this question as a feature request, it may be something that we can implement in a future release of O2M. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us directly at:

https://secure.logmein.com/US/contactus

Regards,

Kevin Watson
Technical Support Representative
LogMeIn, Inc.
Email: kwatson@logmein.com
6 REPLIES 6
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hello Mark 7167,

Thanks for the question. Unfortunately, it is not possible to run commands so that they show up on the remote computer at this time. The One2Many "Remote Command" task only works on "Silent" commands (i.e. those that don't require user interaction). If you do need to open a program on the remote computer so that it is visible to the remote user, I would suggest controlling the computer temporarily to open the program.

I will go ahead an post this question as a feature request, it may be something that we can implement in a future release of O2M. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us directly at:

https://secure.logmein.com/US/contactus

Regards,

Kevin Watson
Technical Support Representative
LogMeIn, Inc.
Email: kwatson@logmein.com
New Contributor

I'm working same kind of thing but my batch file, this file does not requre any interaction 

but it automaticly goes to failure and e-mails out. What parts does it not like?

Z:
cd MBSER01
if exist MBSR01-02-02.mrimg GOTO Smiley Tongueeachtree
if not exist MBSR01-02-02.mrimg GOTO Smiley Tongueeachtreerestorefailure
Smiley Tongueeachtree
C:
cd C:\macrumrestore
diskrestore.exe "\\192.168.1.12\images\MBSER01\MBSR01-02-02.mrimg" -r --targetid 0003FD6C
MBSERV01Success.vbs
GOTO :EOF
Smiley Tongueeachtreerestorefailure
c:
cd c:\macrumrestore
MBSERV01Failure.vbs
pause
end if
:EOF

Thanks in advance

PDH
New Contributor

Same problem here: trying to execute a batch file.

regular Dos functions like Delete, copy, rename are working.

starting .exe in the same batch file doesn't seem to work.  Any suggestions?

@echo OFF
echo Updating MtXL PLC program...
if exist c:\meditech\mtplc\program\mtxl\mt_mtxl_ver1_orig.pro del c:\meditech\mtplc\program\mtxl\mt_mtxl_ver1_orig.pro
if exist c:\meditech\mtplc\program\mtxl\mt_mtxl_ver1_new.pro rename c:\meditech\mtplc\program\mtxl\mt_mtxl_ver1.pro mt_mtxl_ver1_orig.pro
if exist c:\meditech\mtplc\program\mtxl\mt_mtxl_ver1_new.pro rename c:\meditech\mtplc\program\mtxl\mt_mtxl_ver1_new.pro mt_mtxl_ver1.pro
if exist c:\meditech\mtplc\program\mtxl\mt_mtxl_ver1.pro c:\twincat\plc\tcatplcctrl /show hide /out AutoUpdateLog.txt /cmd c:\meditech\mtplc\program\mtxl\MtXLUpdateScript.txt

Active Contributor

No answer to this yet? I am also unable to run an exe without any silent command line parameters. I've tried a combo One2Many by pushing the file and running it from the command line, still no go. Smiley Indifferent

New Contributor

Same problem here

sometimes it works, most of the other times it does not.

I have already contacted the support in the past belonging this without any effect.

New Contributor

Same issue, the exe or application starts as background process, and not a running application. Is there anyway around this yet?