cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

Upgrading to Central, will it create more work?

I am not the account holder but an admin for all our accounts.  We currently have 20 IT reach licenses, about 40 different custom alerts, about 15 groups, about 15 users at different.  Now since the downgrade everything is lumped into one group, no alerts, and every user has access to all computers.   If we upgrade to central do we have to setup the groups, alerts, and users again?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Upgrading to Central, will it create more work?

Just so people know upgrading to Central retains all your groups, user assignments, and alerts.  It wasn't my decision to upgrade but so far good as it can be.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor

I understand the mistake, this wasn't a downgrade, it was, according to them, an upgrade! LOL!

I think the alerts are there.. you just have to find and reenable them (the ones I had enabled prior were off, the ones I think were off were turned on... great programming skill there LMI), but as a paying customer, you might want to point out that they stole functionality from you....

For the most part, they probably are ignoring the LogMeIn Free customer complaints. I'm downgrading my Pro licenses and looking for alternatives myself. My free ones, OK, I get. They'll just alienate the techies that have been pushing their product. But taking away the features from my PRO! Now that is just wrong wrong wrong. And probably illegal at worst, and a dumb marketing move at best.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Just so people know upgrading to Central retains all your groups, user assignments, and alerts.  It wasn't my decision to upgrade but so far good as it can be.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Creating logmein central for $299 a year is a bit much. I was looking into buying pro access, but if I can't make groups or add other users, its worthless.

Removing a central feature, pushes your tech's and customers away. Time to start looking at alternatives...maybe something as TeamViewer or such.