Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Cannot install Hamachi

what msi file?

New Contributor

you see, what i did is i thought, well you cant right click and say run as admin, so i ran command prompt as admin and did what you said, and it installed fine! thanks!

New Contributor

WORKING SOLUTION(maybe):

STEPS:

1. goto C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\

2. search for a folder call "temp"

3. right click amd select properties

4. select security

5. click edit

6. tick the check box of "full control"

7. click "ok" and "continue"

8. DONE!!!!!!!!

Active Contributor

- Another solution -

Overview

Manually delete the Hamachi2Svc service as the local administrator.

Detailed

I was experiencing the same problem trying to reinstall a Hamachi installation that had become corrupted during a Windows 7 -> Windows 10 upgrade.  Changing privileges on the C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp directory had no effect.  The installer kept telling me it had found a previous version of Hamachi on the computer, prompting me to update, but the installer failied with the DLL error everytime.

I performed a manual uninstall of the program, stopping the service, uninstalling Hamachi from the Device Manager, deleting the Hamachi.sys driver, all the Hamachi directories and all the main Hamachi registry entries but the installer was still failing with the same message.  Only after I manually deleted the Hamachi2Svc service was the problem resolved, allowing me to install successfully.  I believe the default account running the service may have been changed in the past, causing this issue.

Steps as delete the Hamachi service:

1. Open the Start menu, click the Search/Run box, type cmd then press CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER (this runs the command prompt as the local administrator account).
  2. Type sc stop Hamachi2Svc and hit enter (stops the service).
  3. Type sc delete Hamachi2Svc and hit enter (deletes the service).

Hopefully you will no be able to re-install Hamachi, unless something else is causing the issue.

Any further issues could be caused by restricted access or data corruption to directories and/or registry keys, so you will sometimes need to 'take ownership' of said directories/registry keys in order to delete them, assuming no physical disk corruption.

Active Contributor

The Microsoft Uninstall/Install Repair Tool worked for me.

Now, I had a slightly different issue, which I think was prematurely deleted registry entries for Hamachi that were preventing proper installation via the built-in Windows installer. As a a result, I couldn't reinstall Hamachi, because the Windows registry entries apparently indicated that it was still installed.

The MS tool turned up two unnamed programs. Trying to fix the first one did me no good, but when I told it to fix the second one, that did the trick. For some reason, my Office 365 installation became corrupted, but reinstalling that fixed it right up.

So, thanks for the suggestion and I hope this info may help someone else.

New Contributor

My issue is that I get an error trying to delete the net/0000 entry in the system registry even after doing everything already suggested and booting directly into safe mode. I'm out of ideas.

New Contributor

So the solution was to reset all the admin priviledges (permissions) on the drive.

New Contributor

Whenever i hit the download link, Hamachi.msi does not download. All it says is unknown time remaining ---- 0 Bytes. Please help.

New Contributor

what a mess of horrible suggestions.

my temp folder permissions were fine.

resetting all permission is just absurd.

the solution was simple but after wasting so much time with the absurd suggestons in this thread, and knowing how miserable logmeinsupport is, i don't want to share it.  Let other people learn how horrible logmein service and support is and stop using it.  thought they might get better having been bought by citrix but i suspect citrix just bought them to put them out of business and absorb their customers into their gotomypc family.  fortunately there are alternatives and they acutally cost less.  Was ok with paying more for a company that had support only to learn it is miserable.

New Contributor

So you come here merely to insult the product and the solution that actually fixed my issue? You are a real winner aren't you. Move along troll boi and let the adults talk.