cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jct
New Contributor

Re: Failed to connect to the network adapter. Peer is not accessible via VPN.

I'm having similar issues as most have said in the thread.   Earlier today it was working fine; now all of a sudden can't do anything at all with it.  I've tried the steps listed above a few times, got really no change.   Windows 7 32bit.  Anyone else have any other ideas?

Active Contributor

JCT... I've got similar issues too. Win7 - 64bit. Worked a few days ago... Won't now.

You say you've tried "the steps above", but how far back did you go?

I've read them all back to beginning in 2009 and copied various solutions into a text file....

I now have a compendium of 8 variations on solutions that others said worked for them too, and then others saying no.. do it this way... SIMPLE!

Well I guess I'll try working backwards chronologically, and probably try the easier stuff first!  (I sure don't like the sound of one solution that recommended editing the registry on a search and destroy mission!...

I'll report back after I try some stuff..

Active Contributor

REPORTING BACK... SUCCESS.

The main thing I noticed in most of the solutions posted was that they:

1) uninstalled hamachi, then

2) re-installed FROM THE ONLINE ACCOUNT.  I did that and it worked. 

Notes: after uninstalling, but before re-installing-- Probably a good idea to do a thorough job of cleaning up any loose ends>>

a) go to c:\Program Files (x86) and delete the "LogMeIn Hamachi" folder (but NOT LogMeIn itself !).

b) also go to "C:\Users\<yourUserName>\AppData\Local" and delete the "LogMeIn Hamachi" folder from there too. I think that's your settings, but mine were pretty messed up and it's not that hard to re-do.

c) definitely DO NOT attempt to clean the registry... very dangerous! and I didn't have to. If you want to go that far, you can use a good registry cleaner that you know and trust. 

d) If you want, you can also go to control panel\device manager and make sure that the "Hamachi Network Interface" is gone from the list of "Network Adapters"

I also followed the one person's advice <AFTER RE-INSTALL> to make the Hamachi network connection first on the priority list of networks. (see greasy_granny  01-10-2011 04:47 PM posting....  But note that for Win 7, to get to the network connections screen she talks about, you have to go to:

<Control Panel> / Network and Sharing Center / Change Adapter Settings (in the left-hand navigation column)..... then select {"Hamachi" (connection label)   aka  "Hamachi VPN" (network name)   aka "Hamachi Network Interface" (adapter) }... then "Advanced" Menu > "Advanced Settings..."

That should do it!
~DAS

New Contributor

I still get this problem. None of these solutions has worked so far for me.

sigh. all hope is lost i fear.

jjk
New Contributor

I like how LogMeIn's tech support team is silent and worthless on this huge problem.

New Contributor

Did almost everything! Can't believe that none of the above solutions worked. Got still the yellow (!).

New Contributor

I have tried everything possible and it just doesn't want to work. My other friends have the same everything but it just doesn't work, then if I'm at someone else's house it works just not mine. I don't know if its the firewall or what???? Please help

New Contributor

It says it should be the firewall, But can't immagine thats the firewall!!

New Contributor

Thks. this totally worked. one gu i cant connect due to encryption enabled but who cares.

Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Great,thank you very much,it worked perfectly for me,you are my hero :')