cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Hamachi Mobile for iOS and Android (BETA)

When creating/editing VPN profile on my Android (HTC Rezound), if I select "IPSec Xauth RSA" the "Save" button is gray'd out...cannot save.  In fact, the only drop down options that I'm able to save are PPTP and IPSec Xauth Hybrid.  But can't connect with either of those options. Any ideas?

EDIT: Funny thing, the "Preview Android Config" shows that same problem.

New Contributor

I did get connection using PPTP (previously forgot to turn on check box on the preview web site). 

So, I'm connected....now how do I access files on my server from my Android and/or from my laptop?  The browse function on the laptop doesn't seem to work.

EDIT: Figured out how to see files between PC and laptop....had to configure PUBLIC network sharing. 

HOWEVER, I still can't find a way to see/transfer files between Andriod and other clients.  Help please.

New Contributor

Hello, please help, I've been trying to connect with 3 different android devices lg l9, htc amaze, zte m970 and none of them can successfully connect to logmein mobile, with pptp or ipsec..

with ipsec it just timesout and no connection is displayed in logmein.com

but with pptp the anndroid clients also timeout BUT

New Contributor

Hello, please help, I've been trying to connect with 3 different android devices lg l9, htc amaze, zte m970 and none of them can successfully connect to logmein mobile, with pptp or ipsec..

with ipsec it just timesout and no connection is displayed in logmein.com

but with pptp the anndroid clients also timeout BUT logmein.com displays: 

Last login   [Fri Jun 28 2013 06:31:44] : Login OK

but the clients all do the samething, connecting for about a min or two then timeout...

from what I see, pptp actually authenticates fine but the client is never able to fully establish a connection, I was able to test one of the cleints with ethersoft vpn and l2tp and it worked and connects almost instantly, but they all timeout with logmein..

any ideas?

HELP!!!

New Contributor

nevermind, fixed it, for the next person, I had to networks with the same name, and the android client was alone which cannot work, it needs to be in the same network as the desktop once I deleted the extra network and added the mobile client to the other network, connected instantly, Thanks!

New Contributor

Ok.. I'm having a total n00b moment here.  I have the VPN connected, but I can't figure out how I would ping or access the files on my home PC from my phone.

The VPN is connected.

The home PC is running Hamachi and file sharing is setup/turned on. (Can be accessed by other PCs)

I would assume I would use an app like ES File Explorer, but when I attemt to scan for networks it tells me my Wifi is off and doesn't want to use the VPN connection.

What am I missing or in what way am I just not getting it?

New Contributor

Gcomm, I have my Network setup as Gateway. I use Ipsec or PPTP, sometimes it disconnects.  when I connect it connects till I disconnect, they both work fine. I use ES File Explorer to get to my home computers and files.

In the Logmein Central go to the network > Device > Edit > mobile > and I checked send all traffic over VPN and Set gateway peer to filter broadcast traffic.

is your gateway network online? 

New Contributor

Try androzip or anther file explorer that allow smb or access to windows shares..

New Contributor

Thanks for the BETA. I have been using Logmein for 5-6 years and Hamachi for 3-4 years. I am using an iPad 4th gen. I have ran the mobile client setup and everything there appears normal. I guess I know what normal is.... My question is what do I do now? How do I actually connect to my Windows computers? Do I need another app or something. I usually use RDC on my laptop to connect. Thanks for the help
New Contributor

Loving it! Set up was totally smooth --- connecting with iOS to a Gateway network.

Two things though:

1. I have to use IP addresses --- can't resolve internal DNS which kind of sucks... from what I gather from other reading, this may be a iOS problem?  Our internal domain is a .local which is problematic apparently? Can anyone else confirm? Have a work around? Am I missing something? Doh. NM. Works OK if I "send all traffic over VPN"

2. Connection password. Eek---no way to save or set your own? I get it, and could live with that, but I'm trialling it for a client and they will definitely not. I hope that's something the commercial release will be capable of.  Doh. NM. Misunderstood the "Include password in config file" checkbox; thought it just was going to e-mail the password.