cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Hamachi Network Adapter disappears in Windows 8.1

I uninstalled and reinstalled and I see the VPN connection working but in the monitor, but when I try to ping I get the message Destination host unreachable, but is strange because I can Chat with the other computer, Does some body what I can do?  Thanks

New Contributor

I have uninstalled and reinstalled but this has made no difference - I see the computer I want to connect to is online but in Hamachi window it says "no connection".

I have also run the two commands from the Commant Prompt but again this has made no difference!

Anything else I need to do to solve the problem?

New Contributor

I have same problem. All it's ok, but ping dont working! I am trying all ways to solve the problem in this theme but nothing.

New Contributor

Uninstall Hamachi from Control Panel, do not erase user settings. The reinstall Hamachi. That usually makes the trick.

New Contributor

Uninstalling and reinstalling Hamatchi, and keeping the user settings worked for me, but now I see the two names of the same computers from the previous installation grayed-out and I cannot remove them.

I also cannot use a previous network name because it is filled up with five members and I cannot remove the network or the members. Now, it seems, that I have to increment the name of the network by one each time I have a problem (like after updating Windows). I will have to remove and reinstall LogMeIn Hamatchi and start over each time. This happened when my first computer (Windows XP) I was using as a gateway was hit by lightning and I replaced it with a Windows 8 computer. Then it happened again when I updated from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. At least I have it working again. Thanks for the tip.

New Contributor

I upgraded to 8.1 yesterday and tried all of the above.

a. Reinstall

b. Remove and add tap

But whenever Hamachi runs, the Hamachi Network gets disabled.

I manually enabled it ...the Networks goes enabled with Unindentified Network and 3 seconds later it goes disabled.

Mamachi Connections shows all green but I cannot ping and so forth

Argh...................................................

New Contributor

I have the same problems. Hamachi chat works, but no ping, no LAN-games, nothing...

I tried:

- Downgrading Hamachi to V 2.1.0.374

- Setting Hamachi to top priority in Network adapters (Advanced settings)

- setting the interfacemetric of Hamachi-adapter to 1

- forwardingports in my router (12975 TCP, 32976 TCP, 17771 UDP, 443 TCP)

- shutting off the firewall

- yelling all kinds of foul language to my computer...

...none if this helped!

I found some sources saying that it's because Windows sees Hamachi as a public network.

But trying to change that is obscured in Windows 8. Check thise link:

http://channel9.msdn.com/Forums/Coffeehouse/Windows-8--How-do-i-change-network-location-for-a-VPN-co...

Might work on Windows 8, but not on my Windows 8.1. :-(

How do I solve this??

New Contributor

Manually restart the service Hamachi. 

New Contributor

I don't know how to do this, could you explain step by step how to do it or make a video tutorial? I'd be grateful Smiley Happy 

Email for contact: arturpmarinho@live.com

New Contributor

I couldn't find the command prompt inside the hamachi installation directory, can anyone help me?