cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Hamachi Offline at Startup

I'm not sure what happened recently, but it seems like the past week or two Hamachi has stopped logging in automatically at startup. When I reboot a machine, the Hamachi service is running and the client app is running, but the icon is grey and it says "Offline". When I click the power button it connects fine.

How do I restore the auto-online behavior?

15 REPLIES
Active Contributor

Re: Hamachi Offline at Startup

Are you actually seeing this after reboot... or just when a machine wakes following sleep/hibernation?

In which case, you're not alone - have a look at this thread: /t5/Hamachi/Hamachi-doesn-t-work-after-sleep/td-p/105547

Active Contributor

You're totally right - that's exactly the problem I'm seeing; I'm usually coming out of sleep. I will hop over to that thread and eagerly await a fix.

New Contributor

This has started occuring to me in last couple of weeks and in my case it is for an actual reboot or a restart after shutting down.  I am running win 8.1 x64.  After restart himachi service and client are started but client is offline.  I click button and goes online and all is well.   I have been running Win 8 with Himachi for 1.5 years and this has not been an issue to recently. 

Although work-around is easy when I am near pc (click the button!) I need Himachi to go online automatically for when remote as cannot VNC to it if it is not on the Himachi network.   I am using a paid logmein network (32 clients) but do not believe that has any impact on the issue.

Anyone else seeing this?  Any resolutions?

Thanks.

New Contributor

Yes, this is happening to me, on all five computers on my network, whenever I reboot, which I do automatically once per week.  This is very annoying, and LogMeIn personnel appear to be simply ignoring the problem, whilst collecting our money.

Active Contributor

Exactly the same problem, also for me: I managed a digital signage circuit and some remoted machines at startup, after a complete shutdown, start with the grey icon and offline. If someone click to switch it in online mode, it's all fine, but I'm at 100 km far from them. It's a big problem for me Smiley Sad

New Contributor

when will you fix it? why after sleep or reboot the button network is off?

Bir
New Contributor

Same problem for me, I bought a license for 32 pcs and in the last period I'm having continuous problems when I restart them. Perfectly booted pc but with offline Hamachi network. The client needs an option to set "auto connect on startup". I hope Hamachi quickly fix the inconvenience. Smiley Frustrated

Active Contributor

Exactly!

I never had problem until I bought PC with Win 8.1 or Win 10. Computers with SO: XP, Vista and Seven, work perfectly. I have your same doubt: I gave for sure that if a PC is turned off with Hamachi online, it would be online also at restart (a sort of last state), but I'm not sure this is a normal perfomance of the app. It was so, until now, but probably there is not a real control in the software . Same PC sometime starts up with hamachi online, sometime in offline state. It's randomic, or it appears so, anyway!

So I also think hamachi have to insert a sort of setting to ensure the online state at the startup of the PC.

Anyway I'm mailing with customer support, trying to explain the problem and when it occurs. Anyway I think that this thread should be sufficent for them to understand that a problem exists and probably also where to look for, in their software.

Active Contributor

Excuse me Bir, I have a question for you.

Do you have the problem on various SO, or you can indicate someone in particular.

I started to be in trouble with OS Microsoft Win 8 or Win 10. Not before the use of these.

Thanks Smiley Happy