cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Hamachi2 Gateways - Lessons Learned

Hello

Highlighted
New Contributor

hihihi i got it now 

Man Mad

Highlighted
New Contributor

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
New Contributor

Do you know of any one that would be willing to remotly set up two windows server 2008 machine with hamachi gate to create a tunnel? I am more that happy to pay a fee.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I learned a valuable lesson too: Never configure a network for "Gateway" - it simply does not work.

At least, not with a unix server..  Just go for hub-and-spoke instead..

Highlighted
New Contributor

hi im meji

Highlighted
New Contributor

100-200ms on relayed tunnel? Pfft. Its around 500-800ms on relayed.

Highlighted
New Contributor

@tkalfaoglu wrote:

I learned a valuable lesson too: Never configure a network for "Gateway" - it simply does not work.

At least, not with a unix server..  Just go for hub-and-spoke instead..

I have just found the same with windows server 2008 R2.

I spent hours trying to configure a gateway network which just brought the physical network to a crawl because of the network bridge it sets up.

I have now set up a hub and spoke network with one hub and it worked flawlessly first time.

I found this thread extremely useful in getting the network setup properly.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

@thornrag wrote:

It's unintuitively under the "Add/Remove Members" tab on the "Edit Network" page. Once you click that, the radio buttons to select "Gateway" or "Member" (or Hub or Spoke) appear. It's in the FAQ, but of course you have to know what you're looking for.

Almost two years later...you provided my answer.  I've actually had Hamachi running for over a year, but it is so reliable, that I never have to touch it.  Only when I had to re-install Server 2003 (from scratch!) did I remember how unintuitive the setup process is.  Now I have to tell 25 people to reconnect to the server.  Oh well, better than telling them they can't connect to the server, eh? 

Thanks, thornrag.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I suppose you get what you pay for! Can't see paying for this service when it is difficult to establish a gateway network. Can't get a Windows 7 machine on a LAN?homegroup to be seen by any number of clients. All indicate that the gateway is offline, "Domain disabled" in settings, even though the Users Guide states gateway is not possible when the gateway machine is a member of a Domain?!?!?!?! What am I missing having followed the Lessons Learned" post well written at the top of this thread. Thx for the work on this BTW. Wish support was as clear as the suer who posted lessons learned!