Before installing Hamachi my internet speeds are showing 200Mb/s. After installing it I constantly get 60Mb/s. I have uninstalled Hamachi but nothing changes, is there a setting somewhere that can resolve this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
My cousing had been troubleshooting this for a few days and after starting to get involved in the troubleshooting the same problem occured on my main computer as well. There was no chance to increase the download above 1.3MBs (got 200/200 connection), unless downloading from a service that uses swarm tech (i.e Steam, Origin etc).
After backtracking we came back to Hamachi and this thread. We finally found the solution that worked for us. It seems installing Hamachin changes the TCP Global Parameters. To check/fix this, do the following:
Start -> Run -> CMD (as administrator to buypass the UAC)
then type the following command to show what parameters your current TCP has:
netsh interface tcp show global
This should give you a list over the TCP parameters, the ones Hamachi seems to change are these two:
Receive-Side Scaling State & Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level. Recieve-Side Scaling State was set to 'disabled' and Recieve Window Auto-Tuning Level was set to 'disabled'
Type the following commands in the CMD to change this:
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal (Response should be OK.)
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled (Response should be OK.)
Reboot shouldn't be needed after, but if you encounter problems do it. We didn't test Hamachi after this because we uninstalled it so I don't know how it works after this change.
I have no idea why Hamachi changes these parameters on some/all computers? When we checked other hosts in our network running the same OS without hamachi these parameters where unchanged and download speed OK.
My system specs, I meant to put this in the original post.
Windows 10 latest patches
i7 4790k @ stock
1TB NVMe drive
My internet is 200Mb/s but after installing Hamachi it falls to 60Mb/s
got the same problem here ... after installingy hamachi i`ve got slow downloads on HTTP and on steam, origin and so on ... uninstalling hamachi doesn`t fix it ... need some help
i`ve testet jdownloader and if i download something 10 files with 20 downloads chucks at the same time i got mei 1 gigabit speed ... but this is the only way
I had to do a system reset. Once I did that I updated everything and made a restore point before installing Hamachi. I then installed and it did it again, slowed my bandwidth down. I then restored back to before the installation and everything was back to normal. Since I have to use hamachi for work I have it running through a VM and just do all work related stuff through the VM. This is sad that no one from Logmein has responded to this...
If you want to save some files You can only use Windows OS to initialize it. Keep the file but delete only the settings and os app. https://ckghwn.tistory.com/629 It's difficult because it's in Korean You can tell it roughly by explaining it with an image. I initialized os and saved the file through this method
Kindly, you will have an html called Removed App on your desktop. It's easy to reinstall while looking at it
If you have a graphics card driver, use a DDU It is recommended to remove and reinstall
See the link https://community.logmein.com/t5/LogMeIn-Hamachi-Discussions/Slow-downloads-after-installing-Hamachi... for another alternative.
That's weird. In my case, the steam origin had a normal down speed.
I've only experienced a slowdown in megacloud.
At this time, the only way to fix it is to restore the OS on Windows 10 itself. Sad news
If you only need to delete games and settings apps Try using a recovery method that only reinstalls os
It will not delete video files and portable file And it will tell you which apps you kindly deleted on your create htlml remove app desktop So just watch and reinstall the apps you deleted I think this is the only way I can tell you.
Co-worker and I have the exact same story. Installing Hamachi caps our speed at about 100mpbs. Uninstalling it does not fix anything. If we do a complete OS reset, it goes back to normal. Install Hamachi again and it gets capped.
LogMeIn support provided no assistance and said it wasn't their software when clearly it is.
I found a way to keep Hamachi and maintain your internet speed while you are not using it.
Go to Services (Windows Search Bar: services.msc) and look up for LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine, disable it and restart the computer. It worked for me, if I need to use Hamachi again I'll enable it just for the time being. This way at least you won't have to format the OS.
Hope it helps! Is not the ultimate solution but it works.