Thank you so much. I was having so much trouble getting speeds of only 3 Mbps but this actually worked after I spent a few hours trying to figure out what it was and now I am getting a consistent 100 Mbps. You are a savior.
Mate thx for the fix my internet in games was so bad I went from gigabit 0 ping to damm like 100 ping the last time this happened I had to reinstall everying from a factory reset this fix I'm gonna keep in a txt file if you don't mind
My cousing had been troubleshooting this for a few days and after starting to get involved in the troubleshooting the same problem occured on my main computer as well. There was no chance to increase the download above 1.3MBs (got 200/200 connection), unless downloading from a service that uses swarm tech (i.e Steam, Origin etc).
After backtracking we came back to Hamachi and this thread. We finally found the solution that worked for us. It seems installing Hamachin changes the TCP Global Parameters. To check/fix this, do the following:
Start -> Run -> CMD (as administrator to buypass the UAC)
then type the following command to show what parameters your current TCP has:
netsh interface tcp show global
This should give you a list over the TCP parameters, the ones Hamachi seems to change are these two:
Receive-Side Scaling State & Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level. Recieve-Side Scaling State was set to 'disabled' and Recieve Window Auto-Tuning Level was set to 'disabled'
Type the following commands in the CMD to change this:
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal (Response should be OK.)
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled (Response should be OK.)
Reboot shouldn't be needed after, but if you encounter problems do it. We didn't test Hamachi after this because we uninstalled it so I don't know how it works after this change.
I have no idea why Hamachi changes these parameters on some/all computers? When we checked other hosts in our network running the same OS without hamachi these parameters where unchanged and download speed OK.
This seems to be a bug (or feature?) that other people, including myself, have had. My Internet speed before installing is 200. After installing is 50. After UNINSTALLING is still 50. You have to manually un-do the changes made to your computer that Hamachi made.
Here is the solution:
This solution works for me. Internet went back to 200 after doing this.
I REALLY wish that LogMeIn support would chime in officially regarding this. I have not contacted them myself, but someone else in that thread did, and they reported that support would not acknowledge it.
I apologize for the delays, and expect the next version to have native API calls instead of netsh background configurations. Until that time (as mentioned previously), you can run the following commands to resolve:
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled