cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Relayed tunnel and no solution how to fix it?

Hello, for years I have problems with relayed tunnel and I have no idea how to fix it. I've tried so many options but nothing worked. I even changed my router 3 times. And I dont speak about reinstalls. I made them countless times.
Here's my problem:
http://screenshot.cz/RR5HW/
I have relayed tunnel with friend, but all diagnosis says that it's ok. It worked yesterday somehow! But today ... It's again in relayed tunnel and I have no idea why. We didn't change anything.
We disabled the firewall, antiviruses and portforwarded the ports:
http://screenshot.cz/43WM6/
Even the global diagnosis tool in Help says that's tunnels are OK. Why we have a Relayed tunnel then?
http://screenshot.cz/YLDL8/
+ I'm missing some files. I don't know what to do with that, I reinstalled it 5 times (all clear instalation with registers) but it still says I need to reinstall.

Any suggestions? We can't play with direct tunnel and ping 200ms+

Operating systems are both Windows 7 x64, using newest drivers and newest version of Hamachi.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Relayed tunnel and no solution how to fix it?

If all three are disabled, the only thing I can think of is the router itself.

A bit of a pickle there, unfortunately.

However. 

If you definitely still get a relayed tunnel on an internet connection different from the connection through that router, then it's Hamachi. If not, then it is absolutely confirmed to be the router. 

18 REPLIES

Relayed Tunnels

If you receive a Relayed Tunnel (Cyan indicator), you may need to set a static TCP or UDP port for Hamachi to use when accepting connections.  This is generally necessary when you have a computer behind a router or NAT device and its support of NAT is poor.  In this case, you would need to set up a static port forward on the router/NAT, and then fix a static port in Hamachi.

For Port Fowarding, please note that every device is different, and very detailed info per device can be found on PortForward.com.  If you are setting up port forwarding, it is recommended to set them up for both TCP and UDP protocols, and to keep them the same number. (I only specify this in case the port forwarding that may have been done was not the right variation).

1. On the Hamachi client, click System > Preferences > Settings.
  2. If you are in the Basic Settings view, click the Advanced Settings link at the bottom.
  3. Scroll down to the Peer Connections section, and enter the port values you set up in your port forward settings of the router/NAT in the Local TCP Address and Local UDP Address.
    You do not need to enter an IP Address, just the port number into the short box.
  4. Restart Hamachi.

I hope this helps! A quick thing to note is that you will need to enter an IP Address if you have more than one active internet connection. You should enter the IP Address of the local adapter you want Hamachi to connect through.

New Contributor

Hello, if you read my post carefully, you can see that I've already set a static TCP and UDP ports in Hamachi and portforwarded it on LAN address 192.168.0.1

I had to improvize because I didn't find my router on PortForward.com. I have Tenda W309R. And there is only a W308R. But I believe it's basically same.

This solution didn't work for me. I tried to turning off our firewalls and antiviruses and restarting router many times. We tried to reinstall whole hamachi a few times. Nothing worked.

Which is strange that it worked for a few hours one day. And we didn't change anything. Just suddenly it connected us in direct tunnel. But day after, we faced a cyan indicator again.

I'm quite desperate because I don't know who to fix it, I've spent too many hours trying to fix it and nothing works. We can't play with relayed tunnel.

If you have any idea that we didn't try, you can post it here. Everything worth a try. We're glad for every help and suggestions.

Is there any way to alternate to a different driver to connect to the internet? (If on Ethernet, try WiFi and vice versa)

I ask since the Hamachi virtual adapter laches on to the physical adapter, and I want to see if maybe the network adapter itself might be causing this odd issue.

You have relayed everything appropriately, but I figured I'd expand on everything in case there were any steps that may have been missed.

I'm sorry if it seemed like I was reiterating stuffs you already knew though Smiley Frustrated

I would also suggest updating the actual network adapters themselves just in case. 

New Contributor

Actually this was pretty interesting idea. Never thought about having issue with netword card. I have desktop PC, so I'm connected via Ethernet and can't connect through WiFi. BUT. I have a laptop. So I joined my laptop to our room. Relayed tunnel with my friend again. Between my PC and laptop is direct tunnel, which make sense cuz they're on the same network. 

I believe the problem is in my router somewhere, because we had direct  tunnel with my friend and everything was fine. Then my router broke and I had to buy a new once. Since then, we have relayed tunnel. 

Did you happen to update the port forwarding settings after switching routers? Or were the port forwarding settings set even way after? 

Keep me posted on what happens!

I'm rather curious.

New Contributor

On the old router, I didn't had to port forward. It worked on it's own. But it's not the case of this new one. I doesn't work without portforwarding and not even WITH portforwarded ports. It's weird.

Is there any way to test it directly?

(Without having the connection come from the router, directly to the ethernet port?)

And is there any settings on the router itself that might alleviate the issue? (Assuming that it comes with software, or logging in through it's IP addresss, etc)

New Contributor

Unfortunately, I can't test it directly because my ISP have mac address lock. And it's currently locked on my router and if I connect it directly into my PC I won't connect at all. (The lock is there to secure that no one will use my IP addres. I live in high-rise / prefab house. I don't know how it's called in english. Building with multiple flats).

I believe that it's router's fault because it worked before. I don't have a software, but I have managment via IP address. I can log into my router via LAN address 192.162.0.1 and configure it. But I don't think that there is something helpful for me. Maybe I'm missing something. Did you mean something specific? I can look for it. Or provide a screenshots.

Hmm. I was just wondering because maybe there's literally a "Enable Port Forwarding Setting" to switch on.

I'd say look through all of the settings to see if there's something relative to the situation at hand. 

I'm sorry about the ISP situation, I figured maybe we could get it from a different angle. Smiley Frustrated