After installing hamachi my internet speed has become much slower. My speeds used to be 200Mbps on download and 20Mbps on upload and now they are 20Mbps download and 8Mbps upload even after uninstalling hamachi the same problem persists. This problem has been ongoing ever since I downloaded hamachi. Help is greatly appreciated
Try this to check the status of Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level
netsh interface tcp show global
and if it is disabled, turn it on with
netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
This helped me and two mates. The settings need to be run with admin rights cmd (and shift+ctrl when you run it).
As far as we understand it you would most likely want Receive-Side Scaling State enabled as well.
netsh interface tcp set global rss=enabled
We have not tested Hamachi after changing these settings. Nevertheless, just wanted to share because this problem was making us crazy.
My cousing had been troubleshooting this for a few days and after starting to get involved in the troubleshooting the same problem occured on my main computer as well. There was no chance to increase the download above 1.3MBs (got 200/200 connection), unless downloading from a service that uses swarm tech (i.e Steam, Origin etc).
After backtracking we came back to Hamachi and this thread. We finally found the solution that worked for us. It seems installing Hamachin changes the TCP Global Parameters. To check/fix this, do the following:
Start -> Run -> CMD (as administrator to buypass the UAC)
then type the following command to show what parameters your current TCP has:
netsh interface tcp show global
This should give you a list over the TCP parameters, the ones Hamachi seems to change are these two:
Receive-Side Scaling State & Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level. Recieve-Side Scaling State was set to 'disabled' and Recieve Window Auto-Tuning Level was set to 'disabled'
Type the following commands in the CMD to change this:
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal (Response should be OK.)
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled (Response should be OK.)
Reboot shouldn't be needed after, but if you encounter problems do it. We didn't test Hamachi after this because we uninstalled it so I don't know how it works after this change.
I have no idea why Hamachi changes these parameters on some/all computers? When we checked other hosts in our network running the same OS without hamachi these parameters where unchanged and download speed OK.
HOLY CRAP!, This actually solved my internet problems! I've been dealing with internet issues for months now. I would get speeds anywhare from 30 mbps to 200, while my acctual internet speed it about 500 mbps. I now get a solid 500 mbps.
Thank you so much, best regards
Just wanted to say thanks, this actually worked. I've had this issue before and reinstalling windows was the only thing that fixed it, but this seems to have solved it for me.
This really is the fix. Love you man!
I cannot believe that something malicious is still available to download. Logmein took hamachi and turned it into a strange looking virus and does not provide any support. I was that close to reinstall windows just because of that *** tool.
Just create a VPN with you routers guys. Never install this.