cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

a DLL required for this install to complete could not be run.

I have been trying to fix this problem for a few weeks now, and none of the solutions I have found so far have helped. This is like a last resort for me, everyone seems to have different solutions but NONE of them have worked for me. Whenever I run hamachi.msi I just get an error saying "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor." I have tried downloading the installer from other websites, on different browsers, uninstalling hamachi (Which gives the same error), clearing my temp, allowing full access to all users to temp, and trying to launch the MSI through CMD with run as administrator. Nothing works. I am on windows 8.1 and would appreciate any help, this is driving me crazy.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: a DLL required for this install to complete could not be run.

Hi,

This seems to be a problem with Windows rather than Hamachi.

You should check this link, it might solve your issue.

Zsolt is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.
Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a star with the Kudos button.
Need more help? Search the knowledge base or contact Customer Care.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I wasn't able to find a solution on that specific page, but now I know to stop checking hamachi and start checking other sites for solutions. Hopefully your tip will lead me to a solution. Thank you.

Highlighted
New Contributor

This actually worked perfectly for me, thank you!

Tags (1)