I had the same problem and none of the suggestions worked; however, I finally did get this working by modifying the instructions as posted by other users.
- Stop the LogMeIn Hamachi2 Service
- Delete the LogMeIn Hamachi folder in C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data (in win7 go to C:/users/yourusername/appdata/local/ and delete the LogMeIn folder)
- START>RUN and enter this text : %APPDATA% , press enter and find a file named Hamachi (it may or may not be there depending on your OS. I did not find this in Win7).
- Uninstall Hamachi
- Search through the registry and remove all references to Hamachi. There was one key that could not be removed, but that did not seem to matter.
- Download and install the newest version of Hamachi.
This still isn't working for me. I've uninstalled, cleared appropriate appdata, reinstalled Hamachi twice now and still have the same problem.
Any other possibilities?
I fixed mine by deleting another folder, I am on windows 7.
Here's how i found which folder to eliminate:
In the System menu click on Preferences...
Then click on the Settings icon on the left of the dialog box
and click on Advanced settings text in blue on the bottom.
Scroll down to:
you will see
the values contain the folders you need to delete, mine said:
So I stopped the Hamachi tunneling service and deleted
then restarted the service and it worked !
The solution that Paper183 worked for me also, thank you. Admittedly I did not try any others. I am also running Windows 7. Thanks again.