cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

All in One Printers + Logmein Pro 2

What is the story with this?  For 2 clients now I setup LogmePro for them (have HP all in ones at home one is wireless one is USB).  Connect to the machine with LogmeinPro, the one client with the wired unit took almost 20 minutes before the printer showed up.  The client was running Windows XP and was connecting to a Windows XP station.

Client #2 has a Mac and connecting to her work machine which is Windows XP, icon didn't show up.  Didn't even see a option at the top to connect a printer.

I connect to her Windows XP work machine and my BW Laser comes right away.

What takes so long?  Why?  How can I fix?  It seems like it takes that long each time you connect.

How can I fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: All in One Printers + Logmein Pro 2

There is currently a known issue with certain HP printers where they take longer than normal to connect. We are working to isolate this problem.

Also, going into full screen can sometimes alleviate similar problems. If you see the hourglass in the printer icon when you take remote control of the host, try going into full screen and the hourglass may disappear. If it does not, unfortunately you'll just have to wait for the printer to connect.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
New Contributor

Anyone have any thoughts about this? I have a client with the same problem. When connecting an HP OfficeJet 6500 E709n, LogMeIn takes 10-20 minutes for the printer to show up on the remote side. If I use a virtual printer (PDF or otherwise), the printer appears in just a few seconds. And unfortunately, the printer connection dialog is wedged (printer icon with an hourglass next to it) until the 6500 is actually connected.

Thanks,
-----Stuart
Highlighted
New Contributor

I also have the same problem. The work around if you want to call it that (client calls it un-nice things when she forgets) is immediately go into full screen when you connect. No idea what full screen changes, but boom the all-in one is there. Start working and forget full screen...forget it.

Highlighted
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

There is currently a known issue with certain HP printers where they take longer than normal to connect. We are working to isolate this problem.

Also, going into full screen can sometimes alleviate similar problems. If you see the hourglass in the printer icon when you take remote control of the host, try going into full screen and the hourglass may disappear. If it does not, unfortunately you'll just have to wait for the printer to connect.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Has there been any activity on this front?

I have just come back from deploying this exact printer for a now very disgruntled customer. It is quite important to her to be able to print from a remote session. Is there an updated driver from HP perhaps that wil work better?

Highlighted
Contributor

Don't bother looking for better drivers; I've done that with the OfficeJet 6500 AIO and it didn't make a difference.  I also installed any patches and updates provided with the full feature drivers/software and there was no change.

[8F] The NyQuil Kid