cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Can two different accounts log in to one common computer?

We have one common computer at work.

My co-worker and I want to log in to it at different times

We each have our own LogMeIn free accounts.

We can't seem to get the common computer we want to log in to to show up on both of the "My Computer" lists...it is either on one or the other.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Active Contributor

Re: Can two different accounts log in to one common computer?

One the accounts needs to "own" the common computer, and then invites the other account to have remote access as a "secondary user".

Our company has one logmein email account name for all computers with username/password only known by IT admins, with secondary user rights granted to other logmein email accounts as required (and they are easily revokable if users leave the firm or no longer require access to specific workstations).

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
New Contributor

I hope somebody can answer this, as I have the same situation....

New Contributor

Disculpen, necesito una ayuda urgente, la lista de mis ordenadores desapareció, no tengo ninguno, saben que sucede? o como puedo recuprarlo, o como me puedo poner en contacto online con algun agente de Logmien

Active Contributor

One the accounts needs to "own" the common computer, and then invites the other account to have remote access as a "secondary user".

Our company has one logmein email account name for all computers with username/password only known by IT admins, with secondary user rights granted to other logmein email accounts as required (and they are easily revokable if users leave the firm or no longer require access to specific workstations).

View solution in original post

New Contributor

Thank yo so much!

Does this work for the Free version of LMI?

Active Contributor

It works perfectly! We've been using the program this way for a long long time (we don't need the added functionality of Pro). Good luck and best regards Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Thanks, Remargable!  Question, though - how do I set that up on the remote computer? I've got a Pro2 subscription, but my Assistant use Free.  (Do I need to do this at the host computer?)

Thanks again for helping a "newbie"! Smiley Happy

New Contributor

By what means does the host computer invite other LMI users as secondary user?

(I see User Access Control under Options | Preferences | Security but that does not appear to be correct.

Desktop Sharing- isn't that only a temporary measure.)

Thanks.

Contributor

Hello spudly12,

In order to add Secondary Users, you will need to have a trial or active subscription to LogMeIn Central. More information about adding Users via Central can be found by following the link below.

http://help.logmein.com/SelfServiceKnowledgeRenderer?type=FAQ&id=kA030000000DGCECA4

Regards,

Todd Dyer
Team Lead, Customer Support
LogMeIn, Inc.