cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Disable Sound Streaming

More disheartening (at least on Macs) is that logging on to a remote mac forces that mac to change to the LogMeInSoundDriver which has to be manually changed back to the previous "native" output setting e.g. "headphone sound driver".

Any solution to this?

EL_GORDO

Tags (1)
Highlighted
New Contributor

So this is still a recurring issue. I am attempting to use the LMI app as a remote for my computer while its connected to my TV through HDMI. I can set up the HDMI and the sound and picture works great, but when I turn on the LMI app on my iphone (5) it kills the sound on the laptop and TV. I can turn the sound on in the app to hear everything through my phone, but that half defeats the purpose of connection my laptop to my TV. 

I cannot find the toolbar that your talking about... I have the free version of LMI. does it not have the same tool bar as the paid version? The only thing that appears on screen on the host computer is a small box that says "LogMeIn - Remote Session" and when I hover over it says "This computer is being remote controlled by..."  and it shows my ip address, and the name of my computer. 

Now, If I unplug the HDMI cable, I get sound and picture on my laptop, and still have control of the screen through the app. When I plug the HDMI back in to the computer, I get picture on the TV but no sound.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I cannot find this tool bar. could you be a little more specific?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Yeah, what BobbyGarringer said - it's really confusing me that I can't seem to be able to find a preference - either per-remote-host or global - which says that LogMeIn should never ever ever highjack the remote host's audio.  That seems pretty basic and essential.

Streaming remote audio back is a cute feature, but in our case of any the machines we're reaching out to tickle, it's never anything but disruptive.  Please, please, please give us a way to completely disable all possibility that the remote machine's audio will be changed at all!

It's kind of a shame - clearly a lot of work has gone into implementing this presumed feature, but for us LogMeIn would be a great deal more usable if that work had never been done.

I found what seemed to be the right sort of preference buried in something called "Deployable Host Preferences", but couldn't find where to set that up.  Are those deployable preferences only available if you buy the LogMeIn Central service, or some other premium package?

Is there any ETA for implementing the ability to disable interfering with a remote host's audio?

Or have I just not looked in the right place for that preference?

If there isn't a preference I can use, please help me understand what the appropriate current workaround is to acheive remote-sound safety.  My current understanding is that for a Mac, I'd have to:

• unload the LogMeIn sound driver
  • delete the LogMeIn sound drivers
  • disable automatic LogMeIn software updates

...and for a Windows box... are the issues the same?  Is there a similar workaround?

Thanks for your attention and for the service.

-Jeff M

Highlighted
New Contributor

+1. Bump.

Highlighted
New Contributor

... this is not "Disabling" the feature, as seems needed by people here.  The answer marked as "solution" is probably useful for some users, but only a workaround to turn it off manually and case-by-case after a problem already happened.  We need a way to "disable" this feature, or have it default to "off" for all connections, and then maybe allowed to turn on by using the toolbar after connected.

Highlighted
New Contributor

thanks your solution, in my andriod, this works!

Highlighted
New Contributor

I really need to find a workaround.

I understand disabling the mute button is a feature, but it is already too late, by that point.
Having remote sound integration is horrible in my configuration, and always scared me everytime I tried a Pro trial in the past. Now that I have been using LogMeIn Pro for a week or two it is extremely alarming how painful it is to have a remote systems sound streamed.

How can I always disable this feature, before even establishing a connection? I don't mind hacking a workaround, just as killing LMI drivers, but will have to figure that out in Windows and Mac. Otherwise it is extremely hard for me to use the product. I was able to delightfully use the free version as it did not have sound streaming.

Remote sound at best freaks out myself and those near my systems. It also could cost me a few hundred in tweeters. I have a good audio system and the streaming actually glitches in a dnagerous way for quality gear.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I agree with you. My application is now totally broken. I don't mind upgrading from Free to Pro but this turned on Remote Sound which has broken the two way Skype audio link I had with the remote PC. I need to be able to Disable Remote Sound!

How do you do it?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Still no option to disable remote sound??

This does not bode well for the new subscription-required model....