cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Does LMI 'bump' others users?

I'm new to LMI and reluctant to learn the answer to this question the hard way. If I access my office file server, via LMI from a remote computer, will my connection to the server 'bump' anyone else using an office computer and connected to the server by the local (in office) network?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Active Contributor

Re: Does LMI 'bump' others users?

Reply to the second post.

You do not have to. when login through LMI, just enter the account you are going to use when choosing the machine in your computer list. then choose the actual profile at the user prompt when you are seeing your mac. I hope this help

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
New Contributor

A follow up question: To access a computer (iMac) from another iMac...both with LMI Pro installed, does the computer that is accessed remotely have to be set to the user's desktop who wants to access it remotely? There are two users with different desktops/passwords.

Active Contributor

Reply to the first  post

When you said "will my connection to the server 'bump' anyone else using an office computer and connected to the server by the local (in office) network" did you say Remote or file sharing?

Also LMI will use the machine like you are behind the keyboard. so if someone is physicaly using it, yes you'll bump them. if they are file sharing you are fine. they will not even know you are using it.

Active Contributor

Reply to the second post.

You do not have to. when login through LMI, just enter the account you are going to use when choosing the machine in your computer list. then choose the actual profile at the user prompt when you are seeing your mac. I hope this help

View solution in original post

New Contributor

Other users in the office would be accessing the file server from their computers on the network; file sharing, not remotely. I would be the only user to access the file server from a remote computer. Thanks for your help.

Active Contributor

If you are going to be the only one to access the esrver you will be fine.