cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

Firefox 4 "32-bit" warning

Hardware: Macbook Air, 1.86GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
Browser: Firefox 4
Plugin: Mac LMI driver (service?) installed (not the Firefox plugin)
Service Level: LogMeIn Pro2 Trial

When connecting to my work computer from my notebook, the FF4 browser shows a warning to the effect of "This plugin is not compatible with this version of Firefox.  Restart in 32 bit mode?"  Responding yes causes the computer connection to load faster, but then I have no control of the remote computer.

Workaround: Ignoring the message (Do NOT restart browser in 32 bit mode) seems to work.  The connection is made after about 30 seconds.  At times the connection can be jerky, but it is usable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Firefox 4 "32-bit" warning

Hi,

As of today, a new plugin has been released for Firefox 4 on Mac computers. You should be prompted to install it when connecting using Firefox 4.

Thank you!

Kenneth Newton | Senior User Services Representative
LogMeIn, Inc.
www.LogMeIn.com | www.twitter.com/logmeinhelp
p. +1-866-478-1805

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
New Contributor

There has been some talk of a "beta" plugin for FF4, but it seems that it's only for Windows versions.  I have to revert to FF 3.6 or Safari when I need to use LogMeIn.  I really like FF4, but I can't live with the laggy response without the plugin.  I hope for a speedy resolution of this problem.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am having the same problem.  I also note that when using Firefox 4 on my Mac to control a Windows PC, they special keys (control, command, shift) on the Mac keyboard no longer work to click multiple items on the PC.  This is a real pain.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue (macbook pro client to a windows pc host) and can't get the 32-bit restart to work at all.  the remote control screen is blank (white).  LogMeIn support tells me I have to use FireFox or IE to be able to print remote.  I'm fine doing the remote printing from Safari in a old macbook running OS10.5... but cannot do the same on my new macbook running OS10.6.

see post dated 4-13-11

Highlighted

Hello All,

Welcome to the LogMeIn Community!

Currently, we have not yet released a plugin for Firefox 4 for Mac so most features are not supported. We also do not have a release date yet for full support. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but you can still use Safari or versions of Firefox under 4.

Regards,

Mike Peaden
Customer Support Representative
LogMeIn, Inc.
Highlighted
New Contributor

LogMeIn, please fix this very annoying issue.

Highlighted
New Contributor

So anyone get a resolution on the FF 4 and the 32bit warning message on a Mac?? Kills me I can only use Safari with Logmein right now!!

Tags (4)
Highlighted
Active Contributor

I have a stupid short "hack" to not really fix it, but to allow you to use Firefox on your windows machines with logmein.

Keep your current install of Firefox4.

Download this: http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable/localization#legacy35  Into any folder you want.  It is portable firefox lastest version of 3.x  If you aren't familiar with it, it doesn't need to be installed, it is light weight (for usb sticks) and stores no history except for durring an active session.  After you close the browser and re-open it you have no cookies, etc.  It WILL however save passwords if you ask it to.

I use LogMeIn off of a portable firefox install that runs from a USB stick.  I do this cause I like taking my bookmarks with me, along with many other reasons. 

In short you'll have 2 installs of firefox, but one isn't really an install.  You can put the folder ANYWHERE, even just on your desktop and run that firefox for logmein.

1 known issue, you can't execute that firefox (portable firefox version 3.6.17) when another firefox (installed) is running.  It will ask you to close the other firefox first.

I know this is a pain in the butt, and it aint much, but at least it is something.  And for those of you who got stuck not being able to use LogMeIn because they are bad at supporting new browsers, this can be a temporary fix.

Lastley, a note to the LogMeIn team.  Firefox 4 wasn't a CIA secret, we knew it was comming for a long time, and being as it is an open source project, you could download it's beta 6 months before it went live. You guys had plenty of time to prepair for this.  If you are short handed, I am a programmer, and like pay checks. 

Okay, I'm done.  Hope this post helps some of you guys.

Tags (2)
Highlighted

Hi,

As of today, a new plugin has been released for Firefox 4 on Mac computers. You should be prompted to install it when connecting using Firefox 4.

Thank you!

Kenneth Newton | Senior User Services Representative
LogMeIn, Inc.
www.LogMeIn.com | www.twitter.com/logmeinhelp
p. +1-866-478-1805

View solution in original post