cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Is there anyone online now who can help me get started?

Hi,

I feel a total idiot!  I have 'installed' if thats the right word, logmeinpro trial and can get to my home screen showing my own computer.  I am expecting a friend to log on shortly and I want to help him with some computer issues.

I cannot make sense of how to initiate these proceedings, and would appreciate it if someone can talk me through it.

Thanks,

Roger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor

Re: Is there anyone online now who can help me get started?

Hi rogerbid,

Welcome to the Community! You only need to install LogMeIn on the computer you wish to access, not on the computer you are sitting at remotely. So, if you want to access your friends computer, you would need to physically sit at (or have your friend physically sit at) their computer, log into your account, and click the Add computer button to install the software onto their machine. From that point forward you would be able to access their computer from any other computer so long as their computer was turned on and connected to the internet. I have included a link to our Getting Started guide below if you need further assistance.

https://secure.logmein.com/welcome/documentation/EN/pdf/Pro2/LogMeIn_Pro2_GettingStarted.pdf

I hope this helps!

Todd Dyer
Team Lead, Customer Support
LogMeIn, Inc.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Contributor

Re: Is there anyone online now who can help me get started?

Hi rogerbid,

Welcome to the Community! You only need to install LogMeIn on the computer you wish to access, not on the computer you are sitting at remotely. So, if you want to access your friends computer, you would need to physically sit at (or have your friend physically sit at) their computer, log into your account, and click the Add computer button to install the software onto their machine. From that point forward you would be able to access their computer from any other computer so long as their computer was turned on and connected to the internet. I have included a link to our Getting Started guide below if you need further assistance.

https://secure.logmein.com/welcome/documentation/EN/pdf/Pro2/LogMeIn_Pro2_GettingStarted.pdf

I hope this helps!

Todd Dyer
Team Lead, Customer Support
LogMeIn, Inc.

View solution in original post