cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Logmein Pro File Manager

I have an error message when using the FILE MANAGER to access a mapped drive on the remote PC.

I can login to the remote control and see the drive but when I use the FILE MANAGER I get :-

Reading directory list of "G:\" ... failed.
The system cannot find the path specified. (3)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Logmein Pro File Manager

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting!

If you are receiving an "error (3)" when trying to access a mapped drive through File Manager, first check to be sure the drive is accessible through regular remote control.

Open My Computer, and take note of the share name (share on 'computername').
Connect with File Manager.
In the path field, manually type the path in:
\\computername\share

Important:
Be sure to type the corresponding "computername" and "share" exactly as they appear in My Computer.

Regards,

Tramaine David
User Services Rep
LogMeIn, Inc.
3 REPLIES 3
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting!

If you are receiving an "error (3)" when trying to access a mapped drive through File Manager, first check to be sure the drive is accessible through regular remote control.

Open My Computer, and take note of the share name (share on 'computername').
Connect with File Manager.
In the path field, manually type the path in:
\\computername\share

Important:
Be sure to type the corresponding "computername" and "share" exactly as they appear in My Computer.

Regards,

Tramaine David
User Services Rep
LogMeIn, Inc.
Active Contributor

I'm having a problem locating the button.  It looks like it is missing all of the sudden. <face palms>

I was looking in the toolbar not the navigation menu...

New Contributor

The odd thing is that I used to have no problem with this before we moved our server off-site. I can log into my workstation without a hitch and can access files on my C drive. Our files are stored off-site though, and what appears in My Computer are ip address follwed by drive name and letter. I have tried all varieties of syntax such as \\ip address\drive name\drive letter\share - using only the ip address and all combinations of name and letter. In all cases I get error 3.

Perhaps Logmein just doesn't like remote servers. The workaround is to copy the files to my C drive and then transfer them, but this is a pain.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.