cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Options that I need for LMI Pro 2

LMI Pro2 has so many nice new features that are great but I greatly need the ability to turn off some features.

First, I cannot figure out how to prevent LMI from mapping printers.  I never want to map printers, but LMI maps every one I encounter and I need this turned off somehow.

Second, I would like the option to prevent remote sound from turning on.  Sure, I can hit "mute" but I'd like the option to disable it before logging in because some connections are slow and the machine I'm connecting to is usually playing music.  Also, changing the source device does not really solve the problem.

Third, the "Connection Alerts" keep appearing even though I've checked the box marked "Don't display this message again."

Finally, since I'm often at computers that aren't owned by me, I'd like to turn off some of the instrumentation features, specifically "Computer Management," "Computer Settings," "Scheduling & Alerts," and "Performance Info."  This info is great but sometimes I don't want any of it to be transmitted especially when I'm on a public computer.

Thanks for a great product and I hope you find these suggestions useful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor

Re: Options that I need for LMI Pro 2

You CAN do this but only if you have Central.

Login to central.

Go to Configuration.

Click Host Preferences

(If you don't already have a group defined here, make one just for this purpose and add ALL your computers to it.)

Open the package you just made and choose: Remote Control

Halfway down the page, under Remote Printing, uncheck the "Enable remote printing" option.

Two sections down, uncheck the "Enable Remote Sound" option as well.

This should do it.

PS: Alternately, you can set it to "Mute Sound on Host" which is what I do. That way their sound unmutes when I disconnect.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
New Contributor

Bump.  Nothing?

Contributor

You CAN do this but only if you have Central.

Login to central.

Go to Configuration.

Click Host Preferences

(If you don't already have a group defined here, make one just for this purpose and add ALL your computers to it.)

Open the package you just made and choose: Remote Control

Halfway down the page, under Remote Printing, uncheck the "Enable remote printing" option.

Two sections down, uncheck the "Enable Remote Sound" option as well.

This should do it.

PS: Alternately, you can set it to "Mute Sound on Host" which is what I do. That way their sound unmutes when I disconnect.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

New Contributor

Thanks, but I'm not paying $299/year for the ability to change one or two settings.  This is preposterous.